How's your teacher website working for you?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by applecore, May 20, 2016.

1. christie

christie Rookie

Jul 11, 2016

I use Edublogs. The thing I like about it is that parents can sign up to have all of my posts delivered to their inbox, so they didn't have to the website. They could, and there were plenty of links, and a calendar, etc, but they liked the email option. I updated it daily, so they got an email daily.

otterpop likes this.
  2. otterpop

otterpop Aficionado

Jul 12, 2016

That's neat. Do parents have to sign up, or would there be a way for the teacher to add their emails?

3. christie

christie Rookie

Jul 17, 2016

If a parent gives me their email address, I can sign them up. I can unsubscribe them - I write a post when I go back telling parents to email me if they'd like me to unsubscribe them.

4. Leaborb192

Leaborb192 Enthusiast

Jul 17, 2016

I just stopped trying and simply created a class Facebook page. Many warned me (blah blah) about it, but I know teachers who do have one and it's not an issue. It wasn't. A lot of parents were already on FB anyway so they could simply "like" the page and be involved. And I told the parents that didn't have one, you can still just load up the page and see what's going on. You don't HAVE to sign up. I didn't have any parents trying to find any of my personal stuff or any weirdness like that. My personal account is locked down anyway.
    Super easy!
    :D

5. Sarge

Sarge Enthusiast

Jul 17, 2016

I've created Facebook groups. Parents have to join and I approve them. I make one for each school year. I'm starting to get better response than from email.