How's Everyones Summer going?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by ECE ABC, Jul 31, 2015.

1. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Jul 31, 2015

Yesterday was my last day of Summer School and I am now officially on vacation until September!!!

Just wondering how everyone's summer is going?

What has been the highlight(s) so far?

For me, today feels like my first day of summer vacation (even though we've been out of school for over 6 weeks) it just felt so good waking up this morning with out an alarm clock, knowing I won't have to set it again until September.

I am now just relaxing with a glass of sweet tea, sitting out on my deck...before it gets too hot out here, just taking it all in...its heaven.

I'm just going to hang out at home today and enjoy my tranquility and later get a few things done around my house. This weekend go to dinner and maybe a movie..not really sure yet, I just love this feeling of COMPLETE freedom:2up::partyhat::):p:D;):woot::cool::lol:

3. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 31, 2015

Mine is over. I had open house last night. All my PD days are done. Kids arrive next week.

I flew to Florida by myself and spent two weeks in Fort Myers. I love the beach!

I've also stayed up all night, slept late, and basically done whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted.

4. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Jul 31, 2015

I've also stayed up all night, slept late, and basically don't whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted.
    [/QUOTE]

This is absolutely the best way to do it:thumb:

5. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jul 31, 2015

I start on Monday. Not looking forward to it, because I've loved spending every day with my son. I love teaching, but it's hard to be away from him! We bought a house this summer and moved, so it's been busy.

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 31, 2015

Many of the districts in my area start back next week, so it's just about over. Yesterday, I had lunch w/ a teacher friend who goes back Mon., the 3rd.

Highlights so far have been:

4-day San Francisco trip in early June
    Day trip to Laguna Beach
    Morning in Downtown Disney

I was debating since last week whether to go to Disneyland today, but $220 for 2 people for one little day (not counting food) is a bit much than we wanted to spend right now. Maybe in Aug/Sept when the school kids have returned back & it will be much lesss crowded.

7. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Aug 1, 2015

Ms. I, your trips sound great, sounds like you had so fun..good for you!! And yes Disney is expensive. I've only been twice; once in Florida, and once in California.

8. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Aug 1, 2015

Well, my first 2 days of freedom were so nice..slept in, made big breakfasts, sat out side on my deck..i was totally lazy and relaxed at home. Really the only thing I did today was do a quick food shopping run at Whole Foods.....

Tomorrow I will be out with my mom all afternoon, shopping at the outlets and then dinner at The Cheesecake Factory!!!

Looking forward to the week ahead..no work and gorgeous 80 degree weather all week:D

9. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 2, 2015

SubCT, yes, I really had a nice time in San Fran! I'd love to go to Disneyworld, but I've been to Universal Studios in CA & FL before.

Those 2 days of yours so far sound fantastic & tomorrow will be fun for you too!

I saw the Mission Impossible movie tonight & planned to see Vacation too, but didn't. I also want to see The Gallows & The Gift.

10. blazer

blazer Connoisseur

Aug 2, 2015

2 weeks into our Summer break over here. So far we have:
    Had our 4 year old grand daughter stay over for 5 days!#
    I have redecorated our kitchen extension including laying a tile floor.
    Designed, assembled and fitted a new drop down kitchen counter.
    Emptied the garage and dumped a load of stuff.
    sorted out the glory hole that is my garden shed.

Next on the agenda is re-decorating the garden room (made a start on that yesterday).

The attic could do with a good clear out but I don't think that will get done this year.

On the 11th we depart for a 2 week Mediterranean cruise.
    When we get back from that we are hosting a family garden party to jointly celebrate the recent wedding of our youngest son and also the 80th birthday of my mother in law.

I shall need to go back to school for a rest!

11. waterfall

waterfall Maven

Aug 2, 2015

I've done this too! My "natural" sleep patterns are so messed up, but it's been nice to be getting enough sleep for once since I can sleep whenever I want. I'm going to be in for a rude awakening once school starts though! Our first teacher day is this Friday. I'll be lucky if I get 1-2 hours of sleep the night before. I also have a bachelorette party to go to that night and there won't be time for a nap or anything. It's going to be rough! I've enjoyed being lazy but I'm actually ready to get back into a routine.

My highlight was probably going to Boston with some college friends- although that was the beginning of the summer and it seems like forever ago now!

12. mkbren88

mkbren88 Cohort

Aug 2, 2015

I've been back to work since the 23rd. Students first day is tomorrow!

13. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 2, 2015

This past week I was a beach gypsy...at my sisters' summer rental two days, a day with college gals. The weather and water were magnificent. Last night was Elvis Costello and Steely Dan concert. Next few weekends are fun filled: a wedding in Philly, horse races, wine festival, trip to Maryland to go sailing, tickets to golf tournament....making the most of my summer. :cool: