How's enrollment?

Discussion in 'Private School Teachers' started by jlj, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 7, 2011

Long Island announced today that 6 Catholic Elementary schools will face closure in June.

Luckily our parish school is not among them. As much as my kids attend public school, there's still an attachment to the school that's part of our parish.

I feel so very bad for so many on Long Island tonight-- this effects a lot of people.

2. jlj

jlj Devotee

Jan 29, 2012

We are maybe 3 students short for what budget was set so we are struggling somewhat. Concerned about what our numbers will be for next year. We are PK3s -8th grade, small. Since VPK was introduced our PK has dropped. This yr. we do have a few more but not enough since we rely on them to feed into & build Kindergarten. We have serious reservations about VPK in the faith based schools but so many have had to go with it just to keep their doors open. Now it appears with the direction some are trying to take it day care centers, private schools & faith based schools will not be allowed to have PK at all unless they have VPK & meet their requirements. I personally think someone has gone off the deep end! Before all is said & done, they want to require more of those with pre-school ages than any other age/grades! Crazy!! Few day cares, private or faith based schools can afford to pay the salaries these requirements warrant; well unless they give in & take $$ from the gov. which means now the gov. has the say so..... sorry, guess you tell, I am totally against the gov. taking over everything!!!!

3. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jan 29, 2012

I teach public, but I have noticed we've had a lot more kids transfer in from private schools than we ever have before.

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jan 29, 2012

We had registration for next year this past week.

I have NO IDEA where they're going to put all those kids!! We have something like 100 more freshmen than graduating Seniors.

5. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Sep 11, 2012

We have just enough kids- I think they'd like 10 more. One of our regular classrooms is being used for art, so technically we are 25 under capacity- but our school is surviving and we are not in financial trouble. We can meet budget. I think they hoped for 154 and we have 160. Our capcaity is 185, but we haven't had that last class of 15 since our local schools switched from Jr. High to Middle School. We are a Pre-K through 6th grade. This year we have two sixth graders and they are in a 5/6 combo because we don't have enough kids who stay through. I think if our school just changed to K-5 we could fill up another class with younger kids, but they don't seem to want to do that!

6. sizzla_222

sizzla_222 Companion

Sep 19, 2012

we have close to 150 kids.... which is a lot for our school. We are a k-8 school and the only private/christian school in the county. we are adding high school starting 2013, we are adding a grade at a time until there is a full high school.

I am pretty excited about this as I really want to coach high school basketball!

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Sep 19, 2012

At 2650 kids, we're full to the brim and then some.

8. sizzla_222

sizzla_222 Companion

Sep 24, 2012

Wow! Is this a private school? Catholic?