How would you answer these questions

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by ktmiller222, Jul 15, 2016.

1. ktmiller222

ktmiller222 Cohort

Jul 15, 2016

How would you answer this questions in a job interview? These are for a special ed position but any teacher can answer!
    1. Tell us about yourself (education/experience)
    2. What is your behavior management system?
    3. How do you help a student who is becoming frustrated?
    4. How do you teach students who are all on different levels?
    5. What type of instruction do you use?

3. mckbearcat48

mckbearcat48 Cohort

Jul 15, 2016

My answers are in bold. Good luck, and I hope you get the job you are looking for!!

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 15, 2016

Answers in box above.
    What are your answers, ktmiller?

5. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Jul 15, 2016

I am going to suggest visiting PBIS World, which will help you formalize your behavior management plan, providing suggestions that you may not have considered yet. This same site can help with questions 3 and 4, possibly even 5. I think you will take your cues from the program or method that you decide upon, but that is good - everything then falls into place, and it is easier to see and understand the connections. Best of luck!

6. ktmiller222

ktmiller222 Cohort

Jul 16, 2016

Here's what I'm thinking so far but need help:
    1. Tell us about yourself (education/experience): I have so much education/experience that I feel like I just ramble. This interview is 15 mins only with these five questions. I feel like I repeat my resume here too which I'm trying to avoid...still working on this answer...sorry
    2. What is your behavior management system? Positive rewards systems. Have students focus on individual goals (iep) and have students work on classroom goals.
    3. How do you help a student who is becoming frustrated? Work with the student individually. Be patient with them. Find out what is wrong (could be a personal reason). Model for them what they need to do. Have them practice with me. Use lots of positive feedback.
    4. How do you teach students who are all on different levels? Differentiated instruction. Based on their IEP SDI/Mods, I work with the regular education teacher to plan lessons based on what they are able to do as well as challenge them---I try to use a variety of instruction whether it DI, small group, individual assistance.
    5. What type of instruction do you use? Incorporate direct instruction, small group/individual (to differentiate instruction). With my current teaching assignment, use a lot of visuals and hands-on activities when I can.

7. ktmiller222

ktmiller222 Cohort

Jul 16, 2016

Here's what I'm thinking so far but need help:
    1. Tell us about yourself (education/experience): I have so much education/experience that I feel like I just ramble. This interview is 15 mins only with these five questions. I feel like I repeat my resume here too which I'm trying to avoid...still working on this answer...sorry
    2. What is your behavior management system? Positive rewards systems. Have students focus on individual goals (iep) and have students work on classroom goals.
    3. How do you help a student who is becoming frustrated? Work with the student individually. Be patient with them. Find out what is wrong (could be a personal reason). Model for them what they need to do. Have them practice with me. Use lots of positive feedback.
    4. How do you teach students who are all on different levels? Differentiated instruction. Based on their IEP SDI/Mods, I work with the regular education teacher to plan lessons based on what they are able to do as well as challenge them---I try to use a variety of instruction whether it DI, small group, individual assistance.
    5. What type of instruction do you use? Incorporate direct instruction, small group/individual (to differentiate instruction). With my current teaching assignment, use a lot of visuals and hands-on activities when I can.

8. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 16, 2016

I think in #1 rather than rehashing your resume, you need to tell a story of who you are as a teacher, conveying not only your education (briefly touch on this-it's on your resume but maybe talk about how it influenced you), but what DRIVES you, your passion for learning and teaching, a ha moments with kids within your experiences.
    #2. Again, id talk about the FOUNDATION of your mgt. WHY you do what you do. Not just WHAT you do.
    Any interview should be a conversation. Treat it as such, rather than a series of 5 questions you must answer. There's no one right answer to any of those questions- there's just the opportunity for you to show who you are.