how was your Christmas?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by ABall, Dec 27, 2006.

1. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Dec 27, 2006

To those who celebrated Christmas how did it go? Those with kids, what were some favorite toys?

Santa mixed up some presents here.
    (both my daughters were getting barbie computers, one from grandpa the other from santa, but I forgot which one had it from grandpa, and set out the toys for santa wrong.) when unwrapping gifts after they put up what santa brought the one daughter was unwrapping grandpa's computer, I said I put the wrong name on the gift and the other daughter had to give a certian gift that wasn't unwrapped yet to the other because it evened out the gifts, they understood). So both girls ended up with gifts that I thought the other would enjoy, but they are so close in age that it didn't matter, they will play together anyway.

3. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Dec 27, 2006

OK I was SPOILED by hubby!!! I got a laptop & a new Canon Rebel Digital camera (for my bday)!!! I also got picture frames, digital pix frame, and massage!!!

The kids LOVED all their presents...lil' one running around with the kid digital camera...love looking at the pix all crazy stuff from a kids perspective!!!

4. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Dec 27, 2006

Emily had a good Christmas! Santa brought her the Disney Princess TV and DVD player (yeah I know she didn't really need it but I knew the grandparents would over do it with everything else... lol) and a Waterbabies baby doll (she loves it!). She got lots of toys from my parents and clothes and toys from my MIL. She really racked up!

From my DH, I got the TOTALLY 80's Trivial Pursuit game! I love the 80's We read a few of the questions... I think I'll do good at that game!!! :) I also got clothes and a couple of CD's. :)

Hope everyone got what they wanted!!

Lori

5. Music Doc

Music Doc Habitué

Dec 30, 2006

VERY nice time at our house. Both boys got the skateboards they wanted.....in addition, older one (12) got a digital camera, younger one (9) got an iPod Shuffle. They also got a couple of Playstation games, a guitar bag, a rashguard shirt, and giftcards to ****'s Sporting Goods.

Wife and I agreed (her idea) several years ago to forgo stuff for each other and get something for the family/house/yard (Last year we did tickets for Lion King, year before a new digital camera and photo printer). This year we decided on a NICE pair of lamps for our new living room.....they look great!!! We still do stocking stuffers for each other....little stuff........I gave her a Dress Barn gift card, Godiva chocolate, couple of VS items, etc.

6. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Dec 30, 2006

Doc, a man after my own heart:p

7. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Dec 31, 2006

Our family gift this year was a week-end trip to Toronto and tickets to Wicked. We had the best time!!

8. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Dec 31, 2006

Mine was nice, but when you've lost a loved one, holidays are sad, too. Taking out ornaments my husband gave me over the years, looking at all the things the kids made when they were young ...... But, we laugh over how neurotic my husband was about the Christmas tree and the lights. My daughter and I get them put up in about a tenth of the time.

I want to talk to my sisters and make a plan to simplify our gift-giving for next year. It has gotten kind of crazy. That is one of my resolutions.

9. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Dec 31, 2006

now Doc, isn't that a gift more for YOU then her????LOL!!!;)

My kids got way too much stuff again, as always.......but I love to be able to do that for them.....they are awesome kids and are always very thankful!:love:
    Husband and I don't normally exchange gifts....our wedding anniversary falls on New Years Day, so we generally save gift giving for that. However this year, he bought me some very nice perfume!!:) Usually I get some nice jewelry for our anniversary.

10. Music Doc

Music Doc Habitué

Dec 31, 2006

Actually, nope......I get the kinds/styles of things she uses on an everyday basis....and won't go out and buy for herself, frugal as she is.

11. jenglish97

jenglish97 Devotee

Dec 31, 2006

Very nice Christmas for me even though I was sick most of the time.

As for presents, my nieces 4 and 6 defiantly are spoiled since they are the only 2 grandkids on our side of the family.

Since I have 3 brothers and they are married we do a drawing among the adults. We draw one person from the hat and only spend max $50. This is good since we know that we really do not need a lot of things anyway.

This year, we bought my parents a Navigator System. One problem, my mom is really good getting where we need to go and does not really need a Navigator so I put the money towards the present for my Dad and bought my Mom something else that she wanted.

Other than that, it was good. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

12. gigi

gigi Groupie

Jan 2, 2007

We had a wonderful holiday. For the first time in years, it was just us, and we stayed in our pj's, opened gifts, ate goodies while dinner cooked. We watched DVD's and just hung out, enjoyed the day and each other. New Year's Eve the whole family went to a Chunky's cinema, ate dinner and saw Night at the Museum; a great movie. Got home in time to watch the ball drop in Times Square and went to bed!!

13. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Jan 2, 2007

Last year we began simplifying gift giving. Last year we exchanged names and had a 25.00 limit. This year I wanted to buy something for everyone, so we all spent around 20.00 on each person...HOWEVER! My sons and brother in law(who is like one of my sons,) bought us a dishwasher! I could've killed em'!

14. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jan 2, 2007

Your new years eve sounds nice. My husband fell asleep :rolleyes:

15. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jan 2, 2007

I like that idea. My family is small so it's not so bad, but my husband's side of the family is HUGE, so it's a major problem, espcially for him since he's only a sub :(

16. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Jan 3, 2007

Only our immediate family exchanges gifts, so it's not too bad and we have a few extended family members that we buy a small gift for...of course it's fun to give to the animal shelter.