How To....

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by usfmeghi, Jun 9, 2007.

1. usfmeghi

usfmeghi Companion

Jun 9, 2007

I've been trying to get hold of a reference.

No luck yet. Last day of school was Friday so I was looking to get her other phone number. I emailed her, but I havent heard back yet.

After school ends, the very next week, do teachers still tend to be at school to clean up classrooms and so forth? I was going to call the school and see if they could leave a message for her.

The other person hasnt gotten back to me (have her cell) whether or not I can use her, but this one was happy to be a reference.

Just now that school is over, the number won't quite work in a few days, I would think.

3. Carebear05

Carebear05 Comrade

Jun 9, 2007

Yes teachers are required to have at least 2 workdays after school ends so I would call the school Monday. She should be available since mostly all they do is clean up and stuff.

4. TeacherRW

TeacherRW Cohort

Jun 10, 2007

QUOTE..... "Yes teachers are required to have at least 2 workdays after school ends..."

This is not always the case. You would need to see the official calendar for each school district. Ex. Our current contract requires that we (teachers) are in school for one day after the students are done. In this case, my students' last day was on a Thursday and mine was on that Friday. The reality is there may be teachers in the building after that but it is not a "for sure" thing.

5. SmartCookie

SmartCookie Comrade

Jun 10, 2007

We don't have any work days after the last instructional day, which is a half day.

6. Carebear05

Carebear05 Comrade

Jun 10, 2007

Well in that case that would still give her another day to call if they only had one workday, which in that case would be on Monday.

Around here teachers have 2 workdays after school ends.

7. usfmeghi

usfmeghi Companion

Jun 10, 2007

Thanks guys!

I will give it a shot; It can't hurt.

I've just had bad luck of when calling, not getting through quite right. Last time, I think she misunderstood the fact I needed a contact number.

(I applied to the school she teaches at and in the end, didnt end up getting it)

Friday was a half-day.