How to write checks

Discussion in 'Secondary Education Archives' started by blondierox4u, May 7, 2007.

1. blondierox4u

blondierox4u Rookie

May 7, 2007

I want to finish off the year by reviewing over money and checks...check books etc with my students. I feel this would be something fun and beneficial for them...I found this website and was wondering if it was worth the $14.95...........http://www.howtowritechecks.com/ ...od books for worksheets etc dealing with Math

3. msjustice

msjustice Rookie

May 7, 2007

I haven't used this site and i don't know how beneficial this info will be but here it is anyway. When I was in 5th grade, one of our field trips was to Enterprise Village. It's this mock town set up outside of clearwater florida and they have businesses of every type there. I worked at the mcdonalds, complete uniform, paperhat and all. The first thing we did when we got there was register at the bank and got checking accts. They gave us our own checkbooks and taught us how to write the checks. Then throughout the day we were given breaks from our jobs and allowed to buy things from stores. You could set up a simpler idea than this for your own classroom. I always vowed I would do it when I became a public school teacher. Check your local bank to see if they have error checkbooks they could donate, or try to locate enterprise village, or see if they have one in your town. I hope this helps in someway!

4. msjustice

msjustice Rookie

May 7, 2007

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

May 8, 2007

I taught it this year to my 7th graders without spending a dime.

I googled "free checks to download" and found some. I made up my own check registers and taught the kids how to do it.

I'm guessing some banks will also give you freebies if you ask around.