How to handle interviewing for multiple jobs at once

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by nyjets88, Aug 13, 2015.

1. nyjets88

nyjets88 Rookie

Aug 13, 2015

So this is getting ahead of myself, but since this is the first time I've really had multiple interviews really close together, I thought I'd try to prepare myself...

So I'm finished interviewing for a part time teaching position, they said a decision will be made by tomorrow, and that I'll receive a call either way by Tuesday. Tomorrow, I am having a first interview for a full time position, which I would prefer. I don't know anything about the timetable except that it was described as a round 1 interview, and I'm sure the process will have to move fairly quickly since school is coming up.

So hypothetically, if I am offered the part time position in the next couple of days, while still going through the process for the full time position, how would I go about handling that?

Thanks.

3. bella84

bella84 Aficionado

Aug 13, 2015

You either tell the school who has yet to offer you a position that you have received an offer and need an answer, or you make the tough choice to turn down the first offer and wait it out.... or both.

4. waterfall

waterfall Maven

Aug 13, 2015

If you're offered the part time position, ask for time to think about the offer. Then if you felt the interview for the full time position went well, call that school and tell them that they're your first choice but you have an offer that you must respond to by x date. If the full time position school really wants you, they'll make sure you get an offer from them by then.

5. nyjets88

nyjets88 Rookie

Aug 14, 2015

Thanks for the replies.

Full time interview went well I thought but I don't really have any idea where I stand. The good news is, they are going to make a quick decision. I'll find out late afternoon if I'm coming back Monday for a demo, and they would make a final decision on Monday.

6. smile3

smile3 Rookie

Aug 14, 2015

If you get the part time position- just let them know you may have an offer in line-

Admin's have been through the hiring process many times- they will understand if you are unable to work the pt position when a better offer came up!