How to handle admin picking on you...

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Mami1Maestra2, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Mami1Maestra2

Mami1Maestra2 Rookie

Oct 2, 2019

I know it sounds a bit juvenile, but it is real. Any suggestions for how to deal with it in a professional way? Eloquent ways to express your thoughts?

3. Aces

Aces Habitué

Oct 2, 2019

Can you be more specific? Your version of "picking on you" is probably completely different from mine or someone else's.

swansong1, a2z and bella84 like this.
  4. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Comrade

Oct 5, 2019

If he is treating you different from others, point it out to him nicely. Ask if he has a reason for what he is doing.

MrTempest and a2z like this.
  5. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Oct 6, 2019

I'm that science nerd, so I can get away with saying "can you be more specific? I'm not following your question (response, train of thought, etc.)" I will do this in a manner that is not hostile, but does tend to limit options, until the question is more about facts and far less about attitude. It's just the nerd in me, but it has served me well. Sometimes I truly don't understand, sometimes I am inoffensively asking that the question/comment be made without attitude. I think we all deserve to be addressed or asked in a civil manner, free of implied contempt.

Tired Teacher and Backroads like this.
  6. Aces

Aces Habitué

Oct 7, 2019

Hey now don't tell all my secrets

7. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Oct 7, 2019

You know all of our friends on the forum know that we science nerds think alike - it's what makes us lovable. ;)

8. Aces

Aces Habitué

Oct 7, 2019

I thought that was the cocktail of love hormones we slipped into their drinks? Oops!

9. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Oct 7, 2019

I'm not a science nerd anymore since I retired, but don't let that stop anyone from providing a nice drink...and add an umbrella, please.

Tired Teacher and vickilyn like this.
  10. JesusIsMyTeach

JesusIsMyTeach Rookie

Oct 9, 2019

I had this happen to me twice. It was at the same school and I found out other teachers were putting the P against me. It was a small school so that didn't help. Now I have a wonderful P who is very supportive.

To answer your question, I stopped agreeing to everything they would call me in for. Instead of agreeing to it, I used to say "I hear what you are saying but I disagree with you. And here's why..." One P was just very hostile so I just had to ask him what the issue was. He denied there being an issue and left me alone. But soon after he left. The P that took his place always gave into gossip so when she heard my side she left me alone. But she did this too much and had favorites. I left due to a hostile work environment. I hope all goes well for you! Praying for you. :)

MrTempest likes this.