How to get parents to access class homepage?

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by AngelaS, Dec 8, 2002.

1. AngelaS

AngelaS Cohort

Dec 8, 2002

I created last month a class homepage which I think is an excellent resource. It has my bio, FAQs, spelling words, names of students who earned honor roll, original student work, links to educational online games, homework, my email address, and more.

I sent home 2 notes informing parents about the website and a permission slip to put kid's names on the site. I got about half the slips back, and the site has been getting hits (some kids go there to play the games, I think).

What are some suggestions for getting parents (and kids) to access the site regularly? Over half the class has internet access at home. Thank you!

3. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Dec 8, 2002

hidden clue

One good idea that worked for our school was to get the parents to read the entire newsletter, was to write in it... send your name, your child's name in a ziploc bag and it would be worth two volunteer hours. Maybe you can put something in it like a game- Hide a graphic or a special word and then send home the note to the parents to say- Count how many times you saw_____and return your response in the morning. I guess you could give a sticker to those...Also, you could make a chart in the room and put the sticker on those names that responded. I have (schoolnotes.com) website we are required to change each week. I have a counter that tells me how many times its visited. each time i change it, it notifies the parents,But the number on the counter is low. i should do a survey to the parents. we are still required weekly to have a [paper] newsletter also. AHHHHH just let me teach! ruth

4. Mindymetx

Mindymetx Guest

Dec 10, 2002

Parents

Do you have a place for parents to email you? You might consider having a place for parents to email you and ask for parents comments on the site.