How to get Graduate School Paid For

Discussion in 'General Education' started by countrygal, Mar 25, 2010.

1. countrygal

countrygal Rookie

Mar 25, 2010

Okay, I think I am finally ready to get my masters. Does anyone know of any colleges with online programs that offer assistantship programs or scholarships/grants available? Any advice? Anything would be appreciated! Thanks!

3. Toak

Toak Cohort

Mar 26, 2010

Just about any accredited university will have work study programs you can do. As an online student, it will be slightly more difficult to get one, but not impossible. As long as you make at least a C in each class, there really is no reason why you shouldn't land a work study job, and its rare for them to not cover your tuition

As for scholarships/grants, you can get them from any school, but often not until you already enrolled. Add to that the things that hardly anyone does that can also land you money, typically in increments of $500 (ie essay contests). I really think you need to pinpoint a university first, then look into that.

4. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Mar 26, 2010

I'm getting my second masters for FREE. My first two classes included a stipend, so I got paid $800 to take them, and my materials were free, too.

I got one free class for having a student teacher, and I've gotten two free classes for each of my two student teachers. I get grad school vouchers for any public university in the state.

5. looneyteachr

looneyteachr Companion

Mar 27, 2010

many states have teacher loans - then when you teach at-risk kids or in at-risk area you are forgiven the loan