How to dress?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by acl1974, Aug 28, 2012.

1. acl1974

acl1974 Companion

Aug 28, 2012

I posted about this scenario on another of my threads. I am trying to get some experience in schools and I cannot quit my job to substitute teach. I emailed a principal near my house and told him that I had applied for an English teacher position at his school, but with school starting next week, I realize he has already filled his openings. I offered to volunteer to tutor one or two days a week after school if they needed that. The school is struggling in that area with scores so I thought they might be able to use me and I could help some students while getting more experience. Anyway, he emailed me back and asked if I could come out to meet tomorrow. So, I realize this is not an interview. Should I still dress up because it is a networking possibility or what?

3. njteach41

njteach41 Middle School Social Studies Teacher

Aug 28, 2012

I wouldn't wear a suit. I would wear dress pants, nice shoes, and a nice top or button down shirt.

4. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Fanatic

Aug 28, 2012

I'd always rather over dress than under dress. I do enjoy wearing a suit though so I may not be the best person to ask.

I certainly wouldn't go buy anything though.

5. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Aug 28, 2012

Dress nice...take a new resume and sell, sell, sell yourself. Who knows...someone might be going on leave.

6. acl1974

acl1974 Companion

Aug 28, 2012

Thank you all. I think I have just the outfit and I am going to treat this like an interview. You're right. Someone could go on leave or quit or whatever this year. I want him to have my name in mind.