How to decorate my classroom.

Discussion in 'Art Teachers' started by ggrace, Oct 28, 2010.

1. ggrace

ggrace New Member

Oct 28, 2010

I'm a 3rd grade Sunday School teacher and next month I need to decorate my Classroom as a art studio. I have usually around 12 students. I had 12 large paint palates made so each child will have one. I'm thinking let them paint and decorate it themselves before it becomes part of the wall decor. I want to have one and a little less than half of a second wall for a mural that the kids can paint and decorate. All the wall will be covered with paper top to bottom. The mural area is white this is a L shape. And red and yellow for the the other wall. One wall never gets decorated because it has furniture and other stuff. I'm thinking of using a overhead to put the murals on the wall. But what besides paint palates can I use to decorate this room. I wish I had pictures. 3rd grade Art Studio. And it don't have to be religious.

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jan 19, 2011

Are the students going to paint on paper and hang that on the wall....or are they going to paint on the wall?

Do you only teach Sunday school in this room once a week (or is it also your classroom?) Does the classroom belong to another teacher during the rest of the week?

As for ideas, talk with the kids. They would probably have something great.

4. carolinaaram

carolinaaram New Member

Jun 20, 2011

If students are going to paint on the paper;then told them to draw their favorite images.Each student will draw their own favorite picture.I know student definitely draw picture and if you hang that pictures on the wall then the wall become beautiful.Therefor student get interest into the painting.

5. WordWayne

WordWayne Rookie

Nov 3, 2011

How about a big mind map with your ideals of a good classroom environment. Talk to the children about what they think is important about going to school and about learning. Create the mind map out of their ideas and what images they feel stand for those ideas. have them draw themselves as characters as part of the mind map.

This way the painting serves more than just aesthetic background, reinforcing a positive personal learning space.

6. sanderson

sanderson Rookie

Jan 22, 2012

Discuss it with your students; they must be having really innovative ideas that you will be astonished.