How tired?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Aliceacc, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Sep 2, 2011

Last weekend was kind of tiring with the hurricane and the power outage, then we had 4 days of school this week. I was out Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights.

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

I got home from school this afternoon, jumped into shorts and flip flops, and we went to Applebees and then the mall.

I was in the bathroom at Applebees when I happened to notice one small problem: one of my flipflops belonged to Peter. It was green camo, the other was blue floral and a size or so smaller.

But what the heck, we went to the mall anyway. Not my normal style, but not worth changing our evening's plans.

3. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Sep 2, 2011

:lol: Consider: you could be setting the newest fashion trend!

4. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Sep 2, 2011

I know how you feel. You know those giggle fits of madness you can have when you are exhausted? I had one for almost an hour Wednesday night. I just sat here and laughed and laughed and couldn't stop. Not even sure what got me started. My BF thought I was crazy. It felt good though.

5. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Sep 2, 2011

Oops! Yesterday I was looking for my brown sandals and found one black one and one brown one together, I had worn the black ones the previous day and I really had to think if it was possible that I had worn them that way the day before. I am still not 100%, I don't think I did since one is a little higher than the other, but I can't say it isn't possible!

6. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Sep 2, 2011

I made it all the way to my truck yesterday morning before I noticed that I was still wearing my slippers.

I didn't get home before 5:00 any night this week. We're a month into the school year, and I'm really ready for a day off Monday.

7. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Sep 2, 2011

I love those. Haven't had a good old fashioned giggle fest in awhile.

8. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Sep 2, 2011

I'd rather go barefoot so there are a few times I have gotten in my car without any shoes on. Of course with the no shoes no service policy, I kinda do have to go back and fix the error.

9. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Sep 2, 2011

Been there, done that. I worked all day with one purple shoe and one brown shoe. I didn't realize until about half way through the day that I'd made the mistake.

10. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Sep 3, 2011

I had found some pretty comfortable shoes so I bought 2 pair one black pair and one brown pair...... wait don't get ahead of me now... well one morning I rolled out of bed did all my morning get ready stuff sat down on the bed and grabbed my shoes from under the bed... yes one black one brown! I did not even look at them till about noon I made it through the whole day without one student asking "Mr P why are you wearing two different colored shoes?"

11. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Sep 3, 2011

My grandmother, who grew up in Newfoundland, was always quoting poems to us.

One of my favorites was:

Old mother Slipper Slopper, my son John
    Went to bed with her stockings on.
    One shoe off, the other shoe on.
    Old mother Slipper Slopper, my son John.

I have no idea why that just occurred to me, but it did, and it made me smile.

12. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Sep 3, 2011

Silver- I had one of those Thursday night on the phone talking to my mother, she thought I had gone off the deep end, but just exhausted and overtired from the first two days of school.

13. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Sep 3, 2011

I remember this one, but we always said "Diddle diddle dumpling, my son John..." lol.

14. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Sep 3, 2011

My feet are just having a general revolt to the idea of wearing shoes at all! I spend the summer in Birkenstocks or barefoot. Nicer sandals are ok for transition just don't enclose my toes yet!

15. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Sep 3, 2011

Me too. I have SIX blisters between my two feet. It's awful.

16. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Sep 3, 2011

OMG! Shoes are terrible! All summer I have had flip flops and then wearing shoes was murder! My feet are torn apart from them- ugh and it was only from the first day- the next day I wore semi-dressy sandals and even those tore apart my feet. Ugh! Must get new shoes that don't rip me apart. Blah

17. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Sep 3, 2011

I have done the same thing - looked down in the middle of the day and realized I put on different colors of the same style shoe.

My son told me a funny story last night that for the first day of wrestling practice he did the run, then pulled his wrestling shoes to put them on. He couldn't get one on so reached his hand in to figure out what was wrong and pulled out one of his ball pythons that had gotten out of its cage. He was afraid to get in trouble so he stuffed it into his gym bag and did the zipper up to keep it in.

18. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Sep 3, 2011

I'm think I'm past the tired stage and into the exhausted stage. Which isn't good since we have only had one day of school. I have cried off and on all morning for no reason. Not normal for me. I'm blaming it on shear exhaustion.

19. GoldenPoppy

GoldenPoppy Habitué

Sep 3, 2011

Me too. We just finished our second week and had Parent Orientation-Back to School Night on Thursday. I felt like a zombie yesterday. Good news is that next year we will have orientation on the Thursday before Labor Day and then have Friday off for a 4 day weekend. I love my Director - she's so easy to make suggestions to.

20. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Connoisseur

Sep 3, 2011

My Uncle who is doctor came to the hospital when my grandmother had her mastectomy. He flew in on a plane, caught a cab to the hospital. When he made up to my grandmother's room my Mom and Aunts had to ask him why he only had one shoe on. Somewhere he lost a shoe and never realized it, or perhaps he never had one on at all. who knows. Apparently this was a life long problem because they used to sing him the nursery rhyme My Son John. BTW his name is John.

21. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 3, 2011

OMG.:eek:

22. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Sep 3, 2011

SC, that reminds me of the time that my youngest decided to put our 2 pet rats in his backpack so he could show his teacher. Apparently he put other stiff in his backpack and because it looked bulkier than usual, my husband thought to check it and see what was in it. Out jumped a rat and startled him. At least the rats didn't die in his backpack nor did the teacher get an unexpected surprise.

23. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Sep 4, 2011

A group of teachers has been working out as a group after school on Wednesdays. I realized this week that I had forgotten to pack socks. However, I keep a sock pulled over my water bottle so it doesn't sweat all over, so I had a couple in my drawer. However, they didn't match, and they definitely didn't match my work-out clothers! (One was red and said I :love: School, the other had multi-color strips, and both were the taller style!)