How relevant is the university I get my Master's Degree from in terms of job opportunity?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by PeaceMuffin, Jan 11, 2022.

1. PeaceMuffin

PeaceMuffin New Member

Jan 11, 2022

I have been looking at different Master's programs to get my degree from and haven't been able to find any strong way of measuring the return on investment for one program versus another.

3. nklauste

nklauste Comrade

Jan 12, 2022

I don't think it really matters as long as the program is accredited in the state you are licensed (or looking to be licensed) in.

whizkid and miss-m like this.
  4. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jan 12, 2022

I agree.

5. creativemonster

creativemonster Cohort

Jan 15, 2022

Each state has specific tests and degrees you may need for your credential and the district will need you to have that state credential that is appropriate for what you are teaching. So which school isn't the first thing looked at.

vickilyn likes this.
  6. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Jan 15, 2022

In fact, I doubt that schools will care past having the requisite number of credits and the fact that it is accredited school. You should make sure it is accredited prior to taking courses there, so there are no surprises. The difference between what is offered will differ between universities, and may end up being highly important to you. If you have aspirations to also acquire your doctorate, the school choice may be something to consider.