How often do you...

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by reverie, Jan 6, 2009.

1. reverie

reverie Companion

Jan 6, 2009

This goes along with the recent cleaning/organizing threads, but I figured I'd post this separately.

How often do you...

Vacuum?
    Sweep/mop the kitchen? Bathroom?
    Clean the tub/toilet/bathroom surfaces?
    Dust?

3. Chrissy71

Chrissy71 Rookie

Jan 6, 2009

I clean once a week. With kids and pets, sometimes more often, but every weekend, I do it all.

4. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jan 6, 2009

Whenever someone might be coming over. haha.

5. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jan 6, 2009

I admit it...I'm a procrastinator, but will work diligently when company's coming or is here! :D

6. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Jan 7, 2009

I do each of those things about once a week, sometimes I wait 2 weeks. I tend to do the cleaning more often if people are coming over. I used to have a party each week (to watch a certain show) just to make sure I cleaned.

Sometimes I go two weeks, and then my place is a mess. Yuck. I live in a 100 year old building and it seems dust accumulates the minute I finish.

7. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jan 7, 2009

Not as much as I should, besides I hate those particular chores. :)

8. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Jan 7, 2009

Vacuum? Never, I don't have carpet. I have way too many square feet of WHITE tile

Sweep/mop the kitchen? Bathroom? I sweep and mop everything Sunday (sometimes saturday), Wed. and Fri.

Clean the tub/toilet/bathroom surfaces? I do the tub once or twice a week. The sunday cleaning is the "major" one, though sometimes I do the major cleaning saturdays. The toilet in the boys' bathroom gets done nearly everyday. There's three of them ages 9, 7, and 6. It can get pretty gross pretty quickly. My toilet gets done once a week.

Dust? With the major weekend cleaning.

The important footnote here is that I don't always do it, though it gets done. My uncle lives with me and has had difficulty finding employment, so he's the one that does the majority of the cleaning, except for the major cleaning on the weekends.

9. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jan 7, 2009

DITTO!

10. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Jan 7, 2009

I have a cleaning lady who comes every other week: she mops, vacuums, dusts, changes sheets etc... After my mom passed away she was concerned I wouldn't need her but I couldnt say no she has been with us for 16 years!

I do vacuum and dust when needed and when people come over

11. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jan 7, 2009

I vacuum about once a week.
    Sweep/mop about once a week or every other week (I know bad).
    Bathrooms-not as often as I should! :eek:
    Dust-every week. I have furniture that shows up every little dust bunny.

12. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Jan 7, 2009

I vacuum at least once a week.
    sweep/mop - Well the last few weeks it's twice a week or so but before my sister (who has dogs) moved in with me just whenever I noticed it, about every week or so.
    bathrooms-the sink and toilet once a week the shower not as often as I really needed too.
    Dust- not a priority in my house but I do when we have company.

I try to major clean at least once week on the weekend. But I never seem to get to it all. My one saving thing is my kids do their own laundry.

13. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Jan 7, 2009

Hey - you stole my answer :eek:!! Cleaning is definitely not my strong suit.

14. 'Lizbeth

'Lizbeth Rookie

Jan 7, 2009

I don't do any of this stuff nearly as often as I know I should!! I usually vacuum once a week at least the living room, my bedroom maybe 2 weeks. I sweep the kitchen once a week and mop maybe once a month. My sis and I don't use the kitchen for much cooking, usually just heating up frozen foods or making sandwhiches, so fortunately it doesn't get too messy. I HATE cleaning the bathroom, but I clean the toilet once a week and wipe the counters usually once a week unless they get really bad. The tub I really really hate to do for some reason. It hurts my back to lean over and do it so I bought one of those scrubbing bubbles shower things that sprays my shower/tub after every use. I actually get a sponge and clean it once a month...most of the time... :eek:

15. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Jan 7, 2009

Once a week on those chores, usually on a Wed. or Thursday after work so that I have weekends to screw around.

16. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Jan 7, 2009

I do all of those chores once a week. I would love to do them on a Wednesday or Thursday, but they always get done on Saturday.

17. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jan 7, 2009

Rarely . . . but that's just because DH is the one who does the housecleaning. He does most of it while I'm gone during the day, so I'm not sure.

We only have carpet in one room, the den. He vacuums weekly, and he also shampoos the area by the door pretty regularly. The hardwood gets a dry Swiffer every week, and the high-traffic areas of the hardwood, the bathroom, and the kitchen get a Swiffer wet mop daily--or every other day. Toilet gets something done to it every day. I hate a nasty toilet. No clue on the bathrub. Dusting is probably every other week.

When I'm home during summer and winter vacations I'm on "deep cleaning" duty which includes heavy-duty versions of everything that DH does regularly.

18. loveforquantum

loveforquantum Rookie

Jan 7, 2009

Vacuum? When it needs it... White carpet shows EVERYTHING. ever three or four days.
    Sweep/mop the kitchen? eh.. once a week or so.
    Bathroom? a little bit each day
    Clean the tub: every coupel of weeks.
    toilet: once or twice a week.
    /bathroom surfaces? i wipe that down every morning after i shower.
    Dust? I'm pretty lazy when it comes to this one... Maybe once a month... maybe. My wife does it more often than i do.. so it probably gets done more often than that anyway.

I can be anal when it comes to having a clean house.

19. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Jan 8, 2009

Oh, how I hate cleaning. When I have a job, the first thing I do is hire a housekeeper. To get the work done myself, I have to set a schedule. Monday is bathroom day, and I can't do any fun stuff until they get done.

Ironing is my least favorite thing. I try to iron once a week.

20. loveforquantum

loveforquantum Rookie

Jan 8, 2009

Pfffffffffffft.... I NEVER iron. unless they're my formal clothing. then, maybe.