How Much Water Do You Drink a Day?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jan 27, 2010

We're supposed to drink eight, 8-oz cups of water a day, but due to teaching, we can't run to the restroom every hour. So, how much do you drink & what's your method of drinking?

I bring 1 water bottle to work that I sip on all day because w/ sipping here & there, you don't get that urge to go as if you guzzled 1/2 a bottle at once. Then when I get home, I drink 4-5 bottles.

3. blindteacher

blindteacher Cohort

Jan 27, 2010

I'd say I drink about 5-8 cups throughout the day. Always with meals, and often in between, while reading or doing whatever I need to do.

4. Samothrace

Samothrace Cohort

Jan 27, 2010

That was my new years resolution to get to my 64oz a day. I have these bottles that I use when hiking that has the ounce measurement on the side. At school I drink one that is 16oz. For the bathroom reason! lol I'm still working towards my 64oz, but I'm getting better. I had a lapse this weekend and didn't do as well. I'm getting to about 3 of my 16 oz a day. I really need to fill them at night so in the morning I can drink about half of one just getting ready in the morning.

I have pretty bad excema, luckily I haven't had any bad outbreaks recently, but the skin on my face gets incredibly dry and flakey..so I'm hoping getting the water in me will help with this as well.

5. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jan 28, 2010

I drink at least 8 glassses a day. I space it out as best I can--I carry a water bottle with me always and drink about 10-12 ounces before lunch and dinner.

6. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Jan 28, 2010

I drink around 110 ounces a day. I'm not a classroom teacher so I don't have to worry about running to the bathroom. When I'm giving a professional development or attend meetings, I drink less. I usually finish a liter before I even get to school. I'm on a special diet so I have a specified amount I'm supposed to drink.

7. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jan 28, 2010

I drink water all the time.

8. Teacher_Lyn

Teacher_Lyn Companion

Jan 28, 2010

Sadly I hardly drink anything throughout the day because even though my throat and mouth get dry, i can't run to the bathroom.

I used to buy a 20 oz bottle of water and down it by lunchtime. Then I'm refill it at our water cooler and drink that by the end of the day.

Of course I had a few "close calls" so I don't do it anymore

9. midwestteacher

midwestteacher Cohort

Jan 28, 2010

We came back to school from this weekend and found that the final water fountain on the high school wing had leaked over the weekend. They came in over the weekend and took out the whole water fountain. Let's not fix it - let's just take it out.
    When I started, we had three water fountains in the high school. Now we have none. The kids have to walk to the other side of the building to the junior high wing or to the cafeteria to get a drink.
    I have several water bottles in my room that I fill at the sink and keep handy during the day. I have tried to increase my water consumption this school year so I won't rely so much on sodas.

10. Newto3rd

Newto3rd Companion

Jan 29, 2010

I drink 60 - 100 oz a day EASY! I do have to go to the restroom a lot. But I just leave my kids and go and go while they go. Sometimes we take a walk to the teacher's lounge and they wait outside. They know I have to use it a lot, so it's not an issue with misbehavior while I step out. I'm always back within 2 1/2 minutes.

11. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jan 29, 2010

I used to be able to drink a lot at school because we have a bathroom in the portable we are in. Unfortunately, now I drink very little during the school day because our water pipes have been broken for a month and no sign in sight of the fix coming. I do take the children to the bathroom several times per day but I can't leave them because the school requires complete supervision. My assistant and I break each other when needed, but, it is easier if I don't leave the classroom very often. Of course, the downside is that since I am drinking most of my water after school, I need to get up at night!