How much prep/plan time do you get each week?

Discussion in 'Montessori' started by tracykaliski, Jul 19, 2008.

1. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Jul 19, 2008

I work in a 3-6 environment and get approximately 2 hours of paid time each week for replenishing and changing materials, planning, etc. I also have a weekly team meeting for bout 2 hours so we can plan and talk about children, etc. If we don't need all of that time we can use it to work on the environment. That's in addition to the daily maintenance we have to do on the space.

How much time do you get each week? Is it incorporated into your weekly schedule or do you have to stay after to get it all finished? Just curious.....

Thanks!

3. Pattypoo

Pattypoo Comrade

Jul 20, 2008

I have an hour in the morning from 8-9 and in the afternoon from 3:30-4:00. We have teacher institute days when where we can change out the works.

4. michelleann27

michelleann27 Cohort

Jul 20, 2008

I have 30 min. in the morning time. Then at 2:45-3:30 we have meetings with : Monday and Tuesday with grade level which is 8th. Then Wednesday and Thursday we have science meetings with all science teachers all grade levels. Then Friday we leave at 3:00. We have those meetings until about a month into school then it goes down to one day each area which is usually Monday and Tuesday's.
    It is great then we have those evenings to play catch up on things in the class room. I have never failed to not leave on time.