How much fast food do you eat?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by ZoomZoomZOOM, Jun 20, 2008.

?

How many times per week do you eat fast food?

1. I don't at all or rarely eat fast food.

26 vote(s)
    42.6%
  2. Once per week.

18 vote(s)
    29.5%
  3. Twice per week.

7 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. Three times per week.

6 vote(s)
    9.8%
  5. Four + times per week.

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  6. Constantly.

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. ZoomZoomZOOM

ZoomZoomZOOM Devotee

Jun 20, 2008

My poll of the month. :D

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 20, 2008

I admit I LOVE to eat & I eat more fast food than I should. Fortunately though, I don't look the way I eat! Someone can give me any fast food place & I'll tell them what I normally get when I'm there!

My very favorites are Jack in the Box, Taco Bell, & Del Taco.

But, it's so easy to just pick up food on the way home after a long work day...we have to remember not to do it too much!

4. AZSpedtchr

AZSpedtchr Rookie

Jun 20, 2008

One word for fast food--- eew!

5. MS Candy

MS Candy Comrade

Jun 20, 2008

In Cali, we used to eat fastfood, so much. Our lives were very different, too. Team sports, work and school. Now, team sports are not a factor yet and I am no longer working and doing school.It has been so much easier to cook. There are different places to eat here as well. It does not seem as though there are many fastfood places... Last thing is we are a family of 5, so it is cheaper in our eyes to eat at a sit down buffet, then a fastfood place. The choices for buffet are great, too.

Mrs. I -I miss Jack in the box, though! and ToGo's! :(

6. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Jun 20, 2008

we go out to eat with my mom on tuesday. Thats our Homeschool park day.

and we usually pick up something on the weekend for one of the lunches.

7. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 20, 2008

I agree MS Candy. It's easier to get takeout the busier you are. There are tons of restaurants & eateries in my area. BTW, Jack in the Box's egg rolls & stuffed jalapenos taste great!

8. etcetera83

etcetera83 Cohort

Jun 20, 2008

Too much! :D

9. I_love_turtles

I_love_turtles Rookie

Jun 20, 2008

My husband is living about 3 1/2 hours away in a trailer. My son and I have been going up there about every other week for the summer and we get take out on the way up and on the way back. Plus, while we're there, we tend to eat out at least once. During the first couple weeks of school we eat out a lot because I'm working a ton. It gets to be less as the year goes on, but we eat out a lot.

10. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jun 20, 2008

I had McDonald's for the first time in years this week. It made me rather ill and I was running between my summer office and the ladies' room, unfortunately. I'll stick with Wendy's at the worst.

11. Go 4th

Go 4th Habitué

Jun 20, 2008

Unfortunately we eat way too much! For one, we are always running back and forth to ball games. For 2, it is too hot to cook. I have been doing much better lately though. We tend to grill a lot in the summer and do a lot of sub style sandwiches. To be honest, we just fell into the rut of grabbing something on the way home instead of cooking. I have one really picky kid, and it is so frustrating to cook and him not like it. He could live off of chicken nuggets. My summer resolution to myself was to cook more and eat less fast food. :)

12. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jun 20, 2008

I love me some Taco Bell! :)

I mean this wholeheartedly - I don't joke about food! - one of my top five favorite foods in the entire world is the cheesy fiesta potatoes at Taco Bell. Oh my gosh - just thinking about them!!!

13. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Jun 20, 2008

I stopped eating fast food when I realized so many of my students work at fast food establishments. I know their work habits... I see their personal hygiene practices... Eww. Just eww.

14. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jun 20, 2008

Good point. :(

15. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Jun 20, 2008

I either crave it bad or not at all...

I love White Castle! that grosses most people out. I also love Chipotle and Green Cactus Grill.

16. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Jun 21, 2008

I am actually taking an online summer comm class about this- its called food and globalization. So we read a book a week and watch a movie each week and discuss them. So far we have read fast food nation, the omnivores dilemma, and slow food nation- next week is our final week. We watched A cow at my table, supersize me, and the future of food. So those are some good options if you are interested in gastronomy or slow good, fair, clean sustainable food. So far, slow food nation has been the best book and cow at my table was a good flick. Check them out if you are interested in this topic. Great poll idea!

17. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Jun 21, 2008

I never thought about how many fast food places there actually are in southern CA. But my husband grew up in upstate NY in a small town...and when he moved out here he said there was so much more to pick from and they are around every corner! I never realized until that moment. But we don't eat out much, maybe once a week. We went through a couple phases where for 2 months we would be out and say "where should we eat"...I would say during that time we ate fast food about 4 times a week. Ugh, made us feel so gross though.

But it's true, it's so quick to get it makes it nice. I used to eat it more so when I was in school and on my way home and was so hungry and not looking forward to making something when I finally got home. But now at least there are semi-healthier things to get like Quizno's and stuff like that.

My favorite fast food places would have to be In N' Out, Del Taco, Miguels (the BEST mexican fastfood I've ever had), and Chick-fil-A

18. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Jun 21, 2008

Chick-fil-A, Zaxby's, and El Pollo Loco...oh...taco Bell...

I love it...but try not to eat it too much

19. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jun 21, 2008

My husband HATES fast food so we never really get any. I have a bunch of buy one get one free coupons for a few fast food places and they are probably going to be unused all summer. The only thing I have been getting is the Sweet Tea from McDonalds. I try to limit it to once a week though!

20. MS Candy

MS Candy Comrade

Jun 21, 2008

OMG! You guys are killin me, No In N' Out and No Mexican-that I have found yet! Though I do enjoy Chick-fil-A-we have that at teacher meetings!
    I am not a Del Taco fan...:( good thing there are none out here, LOL!

21. MS Candy

MS Candy Comrade

Jun 21, 2008

Zaxby's is good, we had a friend who worked here and he shared! Is El Pollo Loco in the city?

22. ZoomZoomZOOM

ZoomZoomZOOM Devotee

Jun 21, 2008

Okay, to date 132 peeps have viewed this poll and so far only 26 have voted. Some may be repeats of folks wanting to check to see how the poll is going but there are some of you out there that are checkin' out the poll and not voting. Which can only mean one thing. You eat fast food constantly but you're too afraid to admit it. :D

23. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Jun 21, 2008

well now that I am on a strict diet no fast food and if I have to its just a salad ..but I did enjoy ff just not the punds it packs on

24. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jun 21, 2008

I have never heard of some of these fast food places that people are mentioning. I guess that's a good thing! :lol:

25. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Jun 21, 2008

This past year my daughter had dance class at 7p.m. & my husband & kids would meet me at about 6:15 at McD's. It was just easier that way. Thank goodness they have good salads!

26. TeacherMJ

TeacherMJ Comrade

Jun 21, 2008

I try to stay away from fast food places, only eating there about once a week. If I do drive-thru it's to In'N'Out or Del Taco. Otherwise it's cooking at home, going to a restaurant or the "fastest" my food gets is Subway, Baja Fresh or Rubio's. I try to be good :)

27. slinkytoy

slinkytoy Rookie

Jun 21, 2008

I was in California earlier this summer and I ate at Rubio's for the first time. It was really good! Vacations are the only time we eat out, and even then we try not to eat out then more than once a day. It is expensive and not healthy in most cases.

28. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Jun 21, 2008

oops- I forget to do it when I originally posted, but I did it this time! I probably do fast food once a month max- but its generally more like once every three months

29. cMcD

cMcD Groupie

Jun 21, 2008

The only fast food I eat is Chick-fil-A and Subway. And I eat from those places once a week to every other week.

30. shasha379

shasha379 Devotee

Jun 21, 2008

Absolutely love Chick-fil-A ( managed one for 7 yrs ;) ) Will do Zaxby's in a pinch, but I try to avoid fast food at all costs. It's very easy to do since I stopped eating beef almost 8 years ago. Now if Micky D's ever created a turkey burger I might be in trouble.

31. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jun 21, 2008

I have never been to a Chick-fil-A. Is it a place where they only sell chicken on a bun? LOL

32. Teach2reach

Teach2reach Rookie

Jun 21, 2008

:eek:Never will. Not after McDonalds changed their "milk" shakes to just shakes.

33. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

34. Teach2reach

Teach2reach Rookie

Jun 21, 2008

Oh my g-d! In a way, I appreciate you sharing that JustMe! Thanks.
    Love,
    Gina

35. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jun 21, 2008

Don't forget the pickle :p!

36. Teach2reach

Teach2reach Rookie

Jun 21, 2008

Hey if you teachers HAD to choose one fast food place to eat at...what would it be?

37. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jun 21, 2008

I like Subway or Quiznos. I'm not much of a burger eater. I probably would like Chick-fil-A since I like chicken! But we don't have any where I live.

38. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jun 21, 2008

Subway

39. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 21, 2008

Jack in the Box

40. ZoomZoomZOOM

ZoomZoomZOOM Devotee

Jun 21, 2008

I'm amazed how many folks don't eat fast food. Wow... I'm wondering if this is a will power thing - like everyone is on a diet - or if they seriously detest fast food. I can't get enough of it. ??

41. bluelightstar

bluelightstar Companion

Jun 21, 2008

Way too much! It might be stopping for a McGriddle and a large coffee on my way to work, or stopping by for a McAlister's Club on my way home. But I know that I eat way too much fast food during the school year!