How much do you spend on early childhood education related books?

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by amyece, Dec 1, 2015.

1. amyece

amyece Rookie

Dec 1, 2015

I think I have a problem! LOL! I love research and learning more about the field. I just went through my kindle book orders and in the past 2.5 years I have spent almost $600 on books just related to ECE! Now, most of this was gift cards or bonuses that I received from some surveys, but still... Geez LOL! Plus I have purchased a few actual hard copy books. So, anyone else have this problem/addiction? I always see more I want to read/learn/know and they are never available through my local library. Am I alone? ;)

3. ChildWhisperer

ChildWhisperer Groupie

Jan 2, 2016

If you can afford it, that's a good problem to have! It's always good to research/learn more about the field. I like to read up about ECE stuff as well, but only if it's free so it's usually just articles online :)

4. amethyst

amethyst Companion

Jan 23, 2016

In the past, I have spent a lot! These days, I spend more time looking at ideas online. ;)

5. amyece

amyece Rookie

Feb 1, 2016

It is a good problem, but I definitely have to remind myself to not overdo it. I try to get my "fix" from online information now, as well as what I already have. But I do still tend to buy a couple a month. I did rejoin NAEYC as a comprehensive member so I get the 6 books they send, the Teaching Young Children magazine, as well as online access to Young Children magazine. So for about $10 a month I get all of that.. It helps, and I know that I am getting great info. I will be starting a Master os Teaching program next year, so I am looking forward to the textbooks! ;)

6. rlrtorr

rlrtorr Rookie

Mar 24, 2016

I have a thing for real books, that I can read, make notes on the pages and re-reading it later on too. I do often buy them cheaper used from amazon.

7. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 24, 2016

You can probably deduct on taxes.

Nandha likes this.
  8. Floria

Floria Rookie

Apr 23, 2016

Well i am entering in this step and don't spent much yet. I am mostly using digital content or printables instead of hard books that cost almost non.