How many suits?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Sub2Teach, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Sub2Teach

Sub2Teach Companion

Jun 19, 2007

Do you need to buy another suit for a second interview or is the one you wore to the first one okay to wear again?

3. Mrs.Gould

Mrs.Gould Comrade

Jun 19, 2007

I've seen many people say to just wear a different color shirt with the same suit. Personally, I do not own a suit!

4. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Jun 19, 2007

That's what I usually do. I just wear a different shirt underneath the same suit.

5. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Jun 19, 2007

Last week is was 95 degrees and humid here so I wore dress pants and a 3/4 sleeve dress shirt. This week it's cooler and I will wear my suit. If you don't wear a suit, what do you wear? I was baffled last week when it was so hot. Any suggestions?

6. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Jun 19, 2007

I actually suffered through a few interviews last summer in 95 degree heat with 90% humidity in a suit. Many of the principals' offices have AC even though the schools around here generally don't. Two times I had principals thank me for wearing a suit and told me I could take the jacket off if I wanted to. One time I did, but once I didn't because my shirt underneath was sleeveless.

Anyway, if I didn't wear a suit I'd probably wear a button-down shirt and dress pants. I realize long sleeves aren't ideal for summer, but I just can't imagine showing up for an interview in a "business-casual" outfit that I would typically teach in.

7. Mrs.Gould

Mrs.Gould Comrade

Jun 19, 2007

That's usually what I wore - dress pants and 3/4 sleeve button down shirt.

8. Reb0028

Reb0028 Rookie

Jun 19, 2007

I am currently interviewing for a spec ed position and on the first interveiw I left work (leave replacement in the same district) and I had on a nice skirt and top. Since I had to wear the outfit all day at work I wanted to be comfortable. Now I have the second interview today and I am wearing a nice skirt, top and a matching jacket. Kinda like a suit but not so buisnessy. I think as long as you look professional you can pretty much wear anything. I guess it also depends on how competitive the position is. I am in NY on LI and it is very competitive.