How Many Students Are On Your Roster?

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by dee, Aug 9, 2005.

1. NCP

NCP Comrade

Aug 18, 2005

I got my updated list today, and I have jumped from 18 to 21. Had to track down more desks!

2. SmartCookie

SmartCookie Comrade

Aug 18, 2005

I will have 20 students in first grade after norm day passes.

3. Gopher4

Gopher4 Comrade

Aug 19, 2005

I teach 4th Grade Reading and S.S. I have 3 sections of 14-16 each.

4. LionPride

LionPride Companion

Aug 20, 2005

Class Size

My class currently has 26 and I am expected to get one more on Monday. My co-teacher has 27 on her roster. I am responsible for 54 students on a daily basis! YIKES!

5. futuremrs_noble

futuremrs_noble Rookie

Aug 21, 2005

I have 12 boys and 7 girls. I will have more after the first day I'm sure.

6. darzie

darzie Companion

Aug 21, 2005

32 our maximum

7. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Aug 22, 2005

As I look through this, I notice how often the numbers change from the first day.......going up for the most part. Don't you find that so frustrating when you have made things for the class (name tags, welcome board, etc.) as well as having already gone over rules, etc. When you keep getting new kids at the beginning, do you feel like you have to keep repeating those rules, behavior management, routines, etc? I'd be curious at how some of you are dealing with that?

8. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Aug 23, 2005

I try to give them buddies that can show them the ropes. I also laminate extra desktags, and such, just in case. I probably won't have more than 25 students because of the space, so I plan for that many. Even when I have 23 students on the roster. I'm up to 25 right now, so I won't get any more. That is, unless one moves out.

9. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Aug 23, 2005

Have 23 (started @ open house with 20 on July 28th) got my 23rd one on August 8th. I am maxed out in my room. We still have about 10 slots left and we will have to open a new 2nd grade class (already have 8).

10. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Aug 23, 2005

Kinderkids, I deal with it every year and it is frustrating. I had 12 last week and now have 10! (13 is max for my room) I had all the tags, etc ready to go, but now threw those 2 away(well actually kept them in case it changes and they come after all)...and had a family "tour" today, and they added their child to my list, so here I go with the new tags for him...I make sure to have extra everything!!! This goes on for awile and you know it takes a fair share of time to get all that crap ready over and over again...pardon my French.

11. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Aug 23, 2005

Oh, I completely agree. That's why I asked............I get so frustrated with that! I think it is even harder with the little kids because you can't count on buddies to always help them with the rules, etc., so you find yourself reteaching all of that too! I also hate it when you get something set up real cute with all the names, and then you have to add or take away another one and it ruins the "look" of the bb. I know that's petty, but I'm real picky about things like that. It does take a lot of prep time getting all of that ready! Also getting all the paperwork to parents and back again, after having it all taken care of already, etc, etc. It drives me nuts!!!!!

12. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Aug 23, 2005

I know... I am an abslolute fanatic about all of it. Every detail has to be just so...and I already know that the parents will be asking me dumb questions about the the obvious thing I already told them in their newsletter...but I can deal with that. What really bugs me about bb is when I have it up and it looks so cute and perfect and some kids whines so much about their "project" that is part of the bb...wanting to take it home so the parents TAKE IT RIGHT OFF THE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE THEY NUTS?????????? DON'T THEY KNOW WHAT A SERIOUS CRIME THAT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????? It throws the whole display off balance! I have asked them to bring it back or had their child make another one!!!! I am so off my rocker.

13. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Aug 23, 2005

Phew! I am so glad I'm not the only one like that! Now that is just gutsy taking it off of a bulletin board. I can't even imagine!!!! I'm sure it leaves a nice "hole" right in the middle. I take pride in my displays, I would have a fit!!!!!!!! (ya, I know I'm **** :eek: )

14. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Aug 23, 2005

Oh funny, it starred my word.....it started with an a and ended with an l . hahaha