How many minutes of specials do you have each day?

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by DrivingPigeon, Dec 14, 2008.

1. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Dec 30, 2008

Wow...That's just sad. Yes, they probably will get the books "all out of order" and "dirty." Books can be replaced (and usually for free, because the child's parents would have to pay to replace them), and the benefits of your students being exposed to the books would be well worth it. Plus, it would be her job to teach the children how to use a shelf marker, and how to take care of the books.

I would be irate if I were you!!!

2. starbucks

starbucks Comrade

Dec 30, 2008

Our kids go to the library and are allowed to check out 2 books a week (provided that they brought their old books back). Our librarian puts out tubs of books on each table. Four kids sit at each table and they can pick books out from the tub at their table. She of course changes the books each week or rotates the tubs for each table. Starting in first grade the kids get to go to the book shelves and they can pick from a wider variety of books. It works well for kindergarten. They get to pick out books, but don't make a mess in the library. My kids are very low income and for some of them their library books are the only books they have access to at home. Our librarian is great.

3. katrinkakat

katrinkakat Connoisseur

Jan 3, 2009

I switched schools in October and happily the school I'm at now has a wonderful staff that lets the K children access the library and the computer lab. They do really well in both areas!
    At the other school, children had to wait until first grade.