How many meetings do you have a week?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by BookButterfly, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Jan 12, 2016

We have like 2 mandatory meetings a month. It's quite nice.

2. themilocat

themilocat Rookie

Jan 12, 2016

Last year, we had a weekly PLC meeting after school once a week, a weekly data teams meeting once a week during plan time, and a behavior plan meeting every other week during plan time. I feel like there was something else during plan times, but I can't remember it now. We also had at least two committee/leadership meeting a month, and IEP meetings scattered throughout the year.

This year, we have a new learning coach and a new superintendent, and things have changed! Our superintendent decided that PLC time should not be mandatory, and that teachers collaborate at various times and in various ways, so he axed the weekly PLC meetings! We now have our data teams meetings twice a month, if needed, and no behavior plan meetings. The data team meetings are not useful, and I don't do anything except test my students and report the results.

3. bella84

bella84 Aficionado

Jan 12, 2016

Today I had a meeting for the sole reason that we ALWAYS have a meeting on Tuesdays. It's usually run by the AP, and he creates the agenda. He was out of the building today, though, so he created an agenda (HIS agenda, not ours), made us meet without him, and made us submit notes from the meeting. On the agenda? Talking about how data from testing taken last spring could be used to form small groups... wait for it... when the students are taking the same test THIS WEEK to give us more current data. Why wouldn't we wait until next week and look at current data instead of old data...? Also, we had to go around the table and tell what topics we are teaching about... like we either don't all already know or are somehow unable to ask each other in passing if it is pertinent to know. Talk about a waste of time. We took those notes and got out of there in roughly 10 minutes.

4. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Jan 13, 2016

We meet every morning before the students come in, preceeded by the mindfulness exercise. Every other week we have a full staff meeting for about 45 minutes, On alternating weeks, we have clinical evaluations presented mostly by the Social Workers and therapists, which are useful in bringing us up to speed on our more involved or residential students. I usually touch base with my colleagues on behaviors after school, or meet with the therapists about changes in behaviors and seeking guidance on new behavior contracts or incentives that we are trying. Once every couple of weeks I am tagged for an IEP or Treatment meeting , and sometimes I have to attend the behavior rundown after school to clarify writeups/incidents. There is enough going on that the time flies by and is never boring.