How many INTERVIEWS??

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by gmer22, Jul 24, 2007.

1. gmer22

gmer22 Rookie

Jul 24, 2007

How many interviews have you all had before getting a job? How long did it take...weeks...months....years??

3. weisemaries

weisemaries Rookie

Jul 24, 2007

Last year it took 3 months and 8 interviews.

This year I have been searching since March and tomorrow will make interview number 12.

4. Darkhorse

Darkhorse Companion

Jul 24, 2007

I just got a call to go in for my sixth interview. I have been interviewing since the beginning of May. I don't know how many you have had, but I know of someone who had 11 interviews before they got a job.

5. elizak83

elizak83 Companion

Jul 24, 2007

I'm going to my 9th interview tomorrow...
    I got one offer..but it was for a very low paying private school that was very far away.
    I'm hoping I get a job soon though!!!

6. gmer22

gmer22 Rookie

Jul 24, 2007

I have had 5 interviews...one offer that has not come through yet because she is out on vacation.

7. willsgirl

willsgirl Comrade

Jul 24, 2007

I have been looking since January (this term, I'm just repeating the process from the previous school year) and have sent out 15 employment packs as best I can remember. I got 7 interviews out of my efforts. There were many others that I could have applied for but were all much further away than the ones I applied for. If I had been more centralized in our state's sub-district, I would have applied for many, many more. So far, no luck. Well, that's not true...I think I may be getting an offer from the one I interviewed with yesterday. And, quite possibly, the one I interviewed with today.

8. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Jul 24, 2007

Both times I looked, I was hired after my 2nd interview.

9. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Jul 24, 2007

I subbed for three years and had... 5 or 6 interviews, I think, before I got hired. Good luck!

10. nicegirl

nicegirl Comrade

Jul 24, 2007

I applied in late may and had interviews in June and July. I had 7 interviews total and 3 offers.

11. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jul 24, 2007

This is going to be my first year teaching and I got hired at my first interview, on the spot.

12. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Jul 24, 2007

For my first position at a private school it took a year and half and 8 interviews to get hired. Then this yearfor the public school it took 5 months of applying and 5 interviews to get hired.

13. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Jul 24, 2007

The first time I looked it took 2 interviews, the second time ot took 3 (2 different school corporations) interviews. The second time I looked for a job I had applications on file with both school corporations, so I just updated my info and sent a cover letter and resume to every open position. Overall this year I was looking for about 3 or 4 months.

14. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Jul 24, 2007

I started interviewing in late May 2006, June and July. I had 5 interviews and was hired at the end of July.

15. Lovetoteachkids

Lovetoteachkids Comrade

Jul 24, 2007

Straight out of college I had only 2 interviews before I was hired in the district I subbed in for 6 months.

This time around, after being a SAHM for 3 years, I've had 6 interviews and no offers as of yet.

16. ITeach4Him

ITeach4Him Comrade

Jul 24, 2007

13 interviews and 1 year.

17. NewbieTeachr

NewbieTeachr Rookie

Jul 24, 2007

I went to a job fair for my school system. I went to a few tables and talked to the Principals and APs and gave out my resume. About 5 tables later my husband and I did a mini-interview. We were given letters of intent and immediately left to find the school and tour. We love it! We followed up and are now getting ready to start teaching at the school.

18. DaveF

DaveF Companion

Jul 24, 2007

I was hired on my 3rd interview. It was 45 days from 1st interview to 3rd interview.

19. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Jul 24, 2007

First year: 1 interview = 1 job (actually they offered me the job before I interviewed)
    Second year: 3 interviews in 4 months = no regular ed job offered, but offered a lts in a self contained deaf ed room. Found out later that my file was tagged with a sticky note not to hire me because they needed me for the deaf ed.
    Third year : no interviews because I promised to continue with the lts
    Fourth year: Offered a job without interviewing. Started an overflow in October.
    Fifth year: 2 interviews in one month = no job. Stabbed in the back and decided to leave the district for a smaller one just north of my home.:(
    Sixth year: 2 interviews in 2 weeks = my dream job!!!
    Seventh year (THIS year) no more interviews ever again!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :woot: :woot:

20. ErikaG

ErikaG Rookie

Jul 25, 2007

This will be my first year teaching and I was hired after my first interview.

21. alphabet

alphabet Rookie

Jul 25, 2007

11 interviews last year, and then I landed a long term sub position three days before school started.

This year I've been on 16 interviews, and I'm waiting to hear on two of them. The other ones were rejections. It's a lot of interviews, but I have sent out over 200 applications/resumes/cover letters/online aps over the entire state. My spiral notebook where I keep everyones addresses and contacts is nearly full!

Unfortunately, I had a job interview cancel in the Chicago Public Schools on me today with no explanation or offer to reschedule. It's kinda bumming me out.

22. Justine Cognito

Justine Cognito Rookie

Jul 25, 2007

I went to a job fair in April and had a brief and generic on the spot interview. They called at the end of June and set up a more specific meeting. A week later I got a call from a principal at one of the district sites and went there for a panel interview. They called the next morning to offer the position.

The position is special ed and I am not yet done with my program, but I feel fortunate to get this job because special ed jobs are not as plentiful as everybody says.

23. myKroom

myKroom Habitué

Jul 25, 2007

Last year I started looking in May and had 5 interviews before being hired!! To be specific...three of those interviews were within a span of 5 days the week before school started here!

I looked again this May and had four offers for interviews (only went to 2 because the other 2 were too far away!). So I interviewed at two and didn't get either of them. I haven't looked the rest of the summer cause I'm focused on getting things ready for school.

I'll happen when it happens...just be patient!!!

24. gmer22

gmer22 Rookie

Jul 25, 2007

Guys I got the job!!! I had an offer last wed to teach 3rd grade in one distric and got called for an interview to another district the next day. The district who offered me 3rd grade said would call me when central office came off vacation to sign the contract...no call yet. But I went to the interview yesterday for the other district and got called in today to sign the contract for 1st grade position. I am so HAPPY i left it up to God...and the district I got hired for is so much better. I am really excited!!! 5 interviews later I got the job:)

25. willsgirl

willsgirl Comrade

Jul 25, 2007

Oh, gmer, that is great!!!

26. smannes

smannes Companion

Jul 25, 2007

I guess I'm the loser of the bunch. 7 years (not sure how many interviews) and no offers yet :( Maybe I'm not cut out to do this? I don't know.