How many interviews before you had a job offer?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Oregon Teacher, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Jul 15, 2013

I have been told the same thing for both interviews I've been on this year. Glowing praise about how fantastic I am, how great my demo was, how much they loved me...but no offer. I know that one of the jobs went to a sub. A friend in the town where the other school is told me that it went to a "Townie".

It's alright. Sorta. At least I know I am doing well and I feel that if I could just increase the number of positions I apply for, I would get something!

Congrats on finding a job!

2. chemistrynerd

chemistrynerd Rookie

Jul 15, 2013

I graduated in 2012, and I went on 4 interviews last year and was granted three positions (in math), though the one I accepted was in a rural area that was a temp position (since I was getting married and moving). This year, I went on one interview and got the position (in chemistry) and it's full-time in an area that my husband and I are excited to settle down in. I think it was easier since I was dual certified in math and science in harder to fill subjects.

3. BuckNutTeacher

BuckNutTeacher Rookie

Jul 15, 2013

I just graduated in May, have submitted at least 250 resumes/applications online and via mail, got 12 interviews, and no job offers. I had one school call me back the same day I interviewed and asked if I was willing to take a certain salary. I said I was, and they said they were working on a contract for me and would set up a time for me to accept the job offer and then I never heard anything from them again, even after I followed up via email and phone. :unsure:

I figure I'm going to have to probably substitute, because I have no experience. I do get really positive feedback on my interviews though, so I'm sure my lack of a job offer is from my lack of experience.

I have two more interviews tomorrow. So I'm hoping those go well.

4. TeachTN

TeachTN Comrade

Jul 17, 2013

And it's tough to get experience if no one will give you a chance!!

I've had at least a couple of dozen interviews and still no offers. I graduated in May, 2012, had an interim in the fall and hoped that would help me for this year. There's still a couple of weeks before school starts here, so there is a chance!

5. katrinkakat

katrinkakat Connoisseur

Jul 17, 2013

6 years ago I went on one interview and was told I had my choice of grade levels. I choose kindergarten. Then I got non re-elected after 2 years along with 20 others and they never refilled the positions so yeah. Then for this job I went on two interviews after sending out 20+ resumes. The first after a demo lesson went to the superintendents daughter, haha, and the second I got hired out of over 600 applicants I was told. Then in March I got laid off but thanks to a new educational heavy state budget I and 24 more got our jobs back! Horray!