How many districts do you work in?

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by RussianBlueMommy, Oct 18, 2016.

1. RussianBlueMommy

RussianBlueMommy Comrade

Oct 18, 2016

Last year, I had one district I worked in, and this year I added nine new ones, yes 9! Now in all fairness, only 3 are my main ones. Between those three, I can get five days a week if I want to, and often end up rejecting jobs :( Lowest paying is $75/day, highest is $95. The $95 requires associate's degree and limits to 16 days a month, so it's good to have those smaller "backups"(all 6 of them)
    Since I only do fifth and up, that still leaves 18 campuses. I'm doing this full time while working on masters.

3. Mr.Mike

Mr.Mike Rookie

Oct 18, 2016

I subbed in 14 districts. In 7 of those districts I did summer school and test help. For that I got paid $50 per testing day and $80 per day for summer school.
    I had 5 full time ones. I worked an entire week with them. I worked in the lower elementary grades. Since I was a fixture that the parents liked, they paid me $125.
    The other 2 were private schools were I subbed as an after school teacher.

Pen4Pencil likes this.
  4. RussianBlueMommy

RussianBlueMommy Comrade

Oct 18, 2016

Yeah they pay more for administering a state test, and summer school is bumped up $15 more per day

5. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Phenom

Oct 18, 2016

I only worked in 2 districts, one was a K-8 (I mostly subbed in idle school, elementary wasn't my thing) and this district was my back up, as I could wake up at 6 am and find a job for that day most of the time.
    The other one was alternative ed, which was open year round (even during summer and breaks) and with those I would get booked for weeks for each teacher, as teachers would still only work 190 days, so they would take off 1 or 2 weeks off at a time. It wasn't always during the summer, they would spread it out throughout the year. This quickly filled my schedule, and I was booked 2 months ahead most of the time. When I had a week off, I would still get last minute sick day off to be filled, so I would look at K-8 district.

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Oct 18, 2016

I subbed for only a few months in a private school. I was fortunate to begin my full
    time, contracted career the next school year. I worked in two schools full time, each for a year (changing schools was my move- better opportunities) and I've been in my current district for 17 years. Subbing can lead to good things!

7. Rajat_Saraswat

Rajat_Saraswat New Member

Oct 19, 2016

We are working at Queensland , Victoria in Australia.

Our Organisation Step into Training Services(SITS) is a National Recognised Training Organisation, and provides a range of qualifications recognised under the VET Qualifications Framework. SITS is recognised as provider of quality-assured and nationally recognised training and qualifications.

8. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Oct 19, 2016

When I subbed, I was in six districts. I got enough work from them that I didn't attempt to sub in the major city and simply subbed in the various suburbs.

9. Nietzsche

Nietzsche Companion

Oct 22, 2016

I'm currently on the sub list for 10 districts. I've subbed in three of them this year because I was on a long term job for most of this year. I'm in a rural area and the districts I currently sub for are anywhere from an 8 to 43 minute drive from my house. I'm considering adding a few more districts just to get my foot in the door for a possible permanent opening.