how many copies/ how much paper do you use?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Mrs Ski, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Mrs Ski

Mrs Ski Companion

Jun 3, 2010

I am beginning my supply list and not sure of how much paper to order. we buy copy paper with our budget and school pays for toner in copier.

At our school we strive for less paper, using worksheet sleeves, mini whiteboards, and iwb. but i am at a loss for how much. a fellow 4th grade teacher is getting 4 cases, but that seems like a ton of paper. with one case i could make 200 class sets of something, that is more that one a day. and i am not a worksheet person.

so how much paper/copies do you use?

3. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Jun 3, 2010

You would need that paper for printing student work on the computer too!

Do you send home weekly or monthly newsletters?

I think 4 cases sounds good....and it doesnt go bad so if it winds up being too much you can save it for next year.

4. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jun 3, 2010

Personally, I use 2 cases a year in fifth grade. I think four is a lot, but with the way budgets are- order what you can and store it away for later!

5. kacieann

kacieann Companion

Jun 3, 2010

I use about 2 1/2 cases a year. Although we do have a printshop that prints all of our unit tests.

6. Teacher Chele

Teacher Chele Habitué

Jun 3, 2010

I would rather have too much than not enough. Like someone already said, you want to have plenty for the kids to print things on for you. I also use mine for booklets and art projects. You'll need it for copies and your printer.

7. texteacher

texteacher Companion

Jun 3, 2010

I don't use a lot of worksheets but I always end up having to print off the weekly newsletters, letters about special events and reminders to parents. I agree with the others. If you don't use all the paper, you can always save it for next year.