How many copies are you allowed?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by 4myclass, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Canadian Gal

Canadian Gal Habitué

Jun 18, 2009

Students shouldn't have to provide the teacher with paper. That's ridiculous. Teacher's shouldn't have to provide paper either.

I am in no way worksheet happy, but my Social Studies curriculum is resource based - meaning that I am supposed to make my own units from a variety of resources. I only have one of each text book per grade because we only use certain parts of it. I copy these things for the kids.

We have also set smart goals that deal with reading - so I copy a lot of concept maps and graphic organizers. They aren't worksheets and they go with what we are reading.

I also teach in French - which means I don't have everything I need in one place that the kids can access. I have to copy a lot.

2. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jun 19, 2009

I believe copying entire workbooks for the class. Daily, there would be stacks of stuff that needed to be copied in the copy room. :spitwater: Now, I think they bought their own copy machine.

I copy at the start of the month- I usually do most of what I need for the entire month. I sometimes go over, but I haven't ever gotten in trouble. From what I have heard, our school started the limits because we have to pay per copy once it gets over a certain amount.

3. snickydog

snickydog Groupie

Jun 19, 2009

My school is very strict on copies. I don't really do many worksheets - it's more so graphic organizers, a homework packet (which is really just a double-sided sheet), word sorts, math games from EDM, and tests. Most of that stuff gets copied (it's sent to the office for approval, then copied for us), so it's not a big deal.