How long does it take to complete a student recommendation?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Ryan1010, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Ryan1010

Ryan1010 New Member

Apr 10, 2020

Hello! I decided to post in the general forums because it seemed more active.
    I'm currently a high school junior, and I recently applied to a couple of internships. 4 to be exact. I asked my chemistry teacher to complete all 4, and being the amazing person that she is, she completed them all. I'm worried that I gave her too much work, and I feel kind of guilty. Does anyone know how long it takes to complete a student's recommendation? I linked two of the internships down below. Hopefully someone has had to complete a recommendation for one of these places before. It seems I can't link but if you search the terms you can probably find them.
    1. Princeton Plasma Physics lab high school internship
    2. NASA SEES
    If no one has experience with high school internship recommendations, then maybe college recommendations will be similar.
    Thank you!

3. Aces

Aces Habitué

Apr 11, 2020

This isn’t the answer you want to hear, but it depends. She could be busy doing other things, could have kids, etc. This is a stressful time for teachers, especially ones with kids and things. I would be apt to give her the benefit of the doubt: if she agreed to them, and you provided when you needed them by, I’d say be patient. She’ll get them done for you.

4. a2z

a2z Virtuoso

Apr 11, 2020

You are saying she already did them. Correct?
    Just send her a nice thank you note and let her know how much it means to you that she took her time to help you achieve your goals.

Most teachers want to help those who are doing things to advance themselves and doing well. Just show her your appreciation for what she did and it is all good. If all she needs to do is write letters most likely she wrote one and modified it slightly for all four applications.

Tired Teacher likes this.