how long do you usually have to decide?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by orangepurple, Aug 15, 2008.

  1. orangepurple

    orangepurple Companion

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2007
    Messages:
    240
    Likes Received:
    2

    Aug 15, 2008

    If you get an offer, how long do you usually have to decide? With school starting next week, I'd love to decide instantly, but suppose I get the other job I interviewed for? Can you usually ask the human resources people for time (a day or so) to think it over?
     
  2.  
  3. scienceteach82

    scienceteach82 Cohort

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2008
    Messages:
    688
    Likes Received:
    0

    Aug 15, 2008

    this close to the start of school year...hmm...not sure...when would the other school have an answer for you?
     
  4. smalltowngal

    smalltowngal Multitudinous

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2007
    Messages:
    17,362
    Likes Received:
    46

    Aug 15, 2008

    I think it would depend on when you were offered the job. I know in early summer, they would probably allow you to think about it. This close to school though, they might just go on to the next person.
     
  5. michelleann27

    michelleann27 Cohort

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2006
    Messages:
    595
    Likes Received:
    0

    Aug 15, 2008

    I think it depends on the district I would ask your district super and see.
     
  6. DaleJr88AmpFan

    DaleJr88AmpFan Cohort

    Joined:
    Apr 19, 2008
    Messages:
    565
    Likes Received:
    0

    Aug 16, 2008

    At this stage of the game, I could see them not giving you a whole lot of time as they need to fill those positions.
     
  7. SciTeacherNY

    SciTeacherNY Companion

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2007
    Messages:
    120
    Likes Received:
    0

    Aug 16, 2008

    The most time I have ever been given to decide is one day.
     
  8. Zelda~*

    Zelda~* Devotee

    Joined:
    May 18, 2008
    Messages:
    1,042
    Likes Received:
    81

    Aug 16, 2008

    In early July I asked for 48 hours and was given it, and turned down the offer.

    In late July I told them "yes" when they offered it to me. They had me sold. :)

    Right now, the admins are feeling the crunch. If you are really worried, maybe you could ask for two hours to think it over. Call the other school during this time, maybe?
     

Share This Page

Members Online Now

  1. ally06
Total: 437 (members: 1, guests: 423, robots: 13)
test