How long between interview and contact?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Preschool0929, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Preschool0929

Preschool0929 Cohort

Jun 11, 2014

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but....when I interview for my first elementary school position 2 years ago, I got a call 30 minutes later from the principal saying that I got the job. I'm now interviewing at other schools in my district. I had an interview last Thursday at a school that I would love to be at. I emailed the principal the next day and she said "Thanks, we loved meeting you!" but no follow up of "you should hear our decision by.....". It's been a week now and I'm not sure how long it usually takes to hear a decision. Should I email again if I haven't heard by next week?

3. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jun 11, 2014

It can really vary greatly. Sometimes interviews are spread out, sometimes references take a while to be checked, etc...
    Personally, I would not contact them again. You interviewed and followed up. They know how to contact you.

4. wdwmom2

wdwmom2 Rookie

Jun 11, 2014

It's different every time. My first job I got hired on the spot.
    Second job next day.
    Third job a few hours later
    The. On this job hunt my #1 choice I had an interview Friday and got an offer yesterday which I took. I had another school which I interviewed at 2:30 yesterday and got a call at 5:20 offering me the job. Which I turned down.

5. Geologygirl

Geologygirl Comrade

Jun 11, 2014

I have heard 3 hours after, and I have heard a month and a half later. I think it varies.

6. allaragallagher

allaragallagher Comrade

Jun 11, 2014

I'm in the same boat. I had an interview on Monday that went well. I got a tour if the building. When I sent my thank you email, I got a reply that she would be in touch. Usually, if I didn't get the job, the reply to my thank you email will state they decided to go with a different candidate. So my hopes are up that I'm still in the running, and now I have my family calling me asking: is this like regular jobs and you should call in three days? When do you start worrying you didn't get it? I don't know, people!

7. rpickles

rpickles Rookie

Jun 14, 2014

My most recent interview, I heard from the principal the same day and she asked me to come in the following day to meet the team. I found out at the end of that meeting that I was being hired. BUT on the other hand, I had an interview over a week ago that I thought went very well, and I have still not heard a yes or no. I think it really just depends on the principal.

8. blake

blake Rookie

Jun 14, 2014

I've accepted 3 positions over the past 3-4 years and I was contacted within 24 hours after the interview for all of the positions. I guess I've just been lucky because I know some others have to days...sometimes weeks.

9. allaragallagher

allaragallagher Comrade

Jun 15, 2014

I called on Friday (caved because of family pressure) and said I forgot to ask about their hiring timetable... when might I hear back? The HR lady was real snotty. She told me it was graduation and they were very busy... was next week too long for me to wait?

Oops. Oh well, I don't think I got it anyway. Everyone I know was hired on the spot, hours later, or at the most the next day. Nobody waited a week to hear: you got the job.