How long after your interview did you get your offer?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Lovetoteachkids, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Lovetoteachkids

Lovetoteachkids Comrade

Jul 19, 2007

The title says it all! Just wondering what everyone's experiences are/were.

3. kdw1913

kdw1913 Companion

Jul 19, 2007

I did not get my offer until two weeks after I interviewed. The prinicpal stated that he was required to interview at least three candidates and asked me to call at the end of the week. When I called, he advised that he still had one interview left (told me the date and time) and advised me to call back that day for his decision. He ended up calling me first and offering me the job (as I was on my way to another job fair)! I turned around quick! It was a long wait, but well worth it.

4. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Jul 19, 2007

I received my call about an hour after my interview. Three candidates were interviewed on the same day; I was last. I was home for about twenty minutes when I received my call. I felt like the weight of the world had been lifted off my shoulders. I was just about ready to give up, but everything worked out and I have a job that I love.

Now, I did have other interviews that weren't successful, and it usually took 2-3 weeks to receive a response. One principal strung me along for a month before telling me he hired a long-time sub from his school. You would think that principals would understand the anxiety that we go through waiting for that call or letter. I jumped everytime the phone rang. I hope and pray that everybody participating on A to Z finds a job for this coming year! I get excited everytime somebody posts that they got a teaching position!

5. nicegirl

nicegirl Comrade

Jul 19, 2007

I received one offer two hours after the interview. I also received two offers two days after the interviews. Unfortunately, due to my predicament none of them stuck.

6. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jul 19, 2007

I like this thread! Anyone have any out-of-state experiences? I have a phone interview tomorrow at a school I don't want, all the way in FLorida. She has already called my references, and one of them (who I went to college with, and is in the same unemployed FT, subbing) she tried to recruit as well! My fear is that she offers me a job, but Monday is the interview at my out-of-state-dream-job! I REALLY REALLY want that one!

7. jenngugs

jenngugs Companion

Jul 19, 2007

I got my offer during my interview!

8. Lovetoteachkids

Lovetoteachkids Comrade

Jul 19, 2007

That is so awesome!

9. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Jul 19, 2007

I was offered the job a few hours after my interview, too. I loved the principal immediately, and I knew we had connected. I had another interview scheduled for that afternoon, and I didn't even bother to go. I'm glad I didn't because I would have missed her call!

10. Lovetoteachkids

Lovetoteachkids Comrade

Jul 19, 2007

Another question...

Did you get hired after the first interview or was there a second interview with HR? And if so...how long between the two?

11. Lovetoteachkids

Lovetoteachkids Comrade

Jul 19, 2007

That is wonderful! Was it hard to contain your excitement? lol

12. GatorGal

GatorGal Cohort

Jul 19, 2007

I was offered my job the morning after my interview.
    I'm hoping I like this school enough to stay forever, I don't ever want to interview again...one interview was stressful enough!!

13. Lovetoteachkids

Lovetoteachkids Comrade

Jul 19, 2007

If they offer you something over the phone ask for a few days to discuss it with your family before you make your final decision. Then you can go to the interview Monday before you make any commitments.

14. Lovetoteachkids

Lovetoteachkids Comrade

Jul 19, 2007

I'm with you there...my hubby asked a few months ago if I'd consider moving to our hometown (same state but 2 hrs away). I told him today that it's way too stressful interviewing this time around and it would be nice to never have to go through it again. Although...I think it wouldn't be AS bad if you already have a job and are looking for another one.

15. DaveF

DaveF Companion

Jul 19, 2007

I got my offer on my way home from the interview. I honestly thought they had made a mistake because it happend so fast.

16. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Jul 19, 2007

My first teaching assignment I interviewed with the principal and she told me she wnted me to come back in a week and interview with the super. That interview was just a formality and I signed papers that day.
    My newest teaching assignment I interviewed on a Monday and got called on Wednesday. I have to meet the head of HR, but I was told to bring all of my legal forms, so I am guessing that this too is a formality. I'm still going shopping for a new suit just in case. I want him to like me!!

17. jillsciencegirl

jillsciencegirl Rookie

Jul 19, 2007

I had my interview on a Monday morning. The principal said that he wanted to "wrap this up quickly". By that Friday when I hadn't heard, I counted myself out. I didn't get the offer until the next Thursday (so 1 1/2 weeks). I guess what is quick to me, isn't the same for them:cool:

18. Xgomenara9

Xgomenara9 Rookie

Jul 19, 2007

Would it mean you probably have the job if the principal asks you to call her soon to see if you are still interested?

19. nicegirl

nicegirl Comrade

Jul 19, 2007

Principals can be weird. I would call and express your interest. You might want to think of a question you didn't ask during the interview so it seems as though you are calling with a purpose. Once you ask and receive an answer, I would let the principal know how much you are still interested in the position and working at the school.

20. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jul 19, 2007

That is my plan! The school I am going to on Monday has 3 positions. But, he has not checked my references before hand.... So, I hope he likes me and comes to a decision quickly!!

21. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jul 19, 2007

I was offered my job at the interview. I went in and talked to them for a little bit (the assistant superintendent and a principal of one of the schools in the district), not longer than 20 minutes. Then they had me step out, for maybe 5 minutes at the most. Then they offered me a job.

22. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Jul 20, 2007

My hubby was told it would take them a week to decide but they called him the next day.

23. willsgirl

willsgirl Comrade

Jul 20, 2007

For my first position, I had an initial interview, then he called me back in a day or so, then offered me the position. For my second, I interviewed with Principal and Super once, and the Princ. called, I think either that afternoon or the next morning, don't remember, but I know it was within 24 hours. That tends to be the rule around here. All of my teaching friends who were looking this year got an offer 24-48 hours after last interview, with the exception of an admin friend, who had to wait a week.

I am hoping that my Saturday interview will be short and sweet and he'll just go ahead and ask right then and there so I can get this over with. He seems desperate, so maybe he will...

24. Miss C

Miss C Rookie

Jul 20, 2007

Had an interview with HR...was offered an early contract on the spot. Then an interview with the principal and panel...got the offer by phone 4 hours later. They interviewed eight teachers that day...called back and told me I was their number one choice! :)

25. Pixiewannabe

Pixiewannabe Comrade

Jul 20, 2007

I was called a little over two hours after I interviewed!

26. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Jul 20, 2007

I had an interview LAST September and was told there were no more openings. Then I did and LTS in that district again this year, and was offered a position for next year in May. So, it was almost a whole school year, but I was glad I didn't have to go through the resume/interview process again!

27. jenngugs

jenngugs Companion

Jul 20, 2007

The interview during which I got my offer was actually my third interview for this position! My first interview was with the Director of Curriculm and her assistant. I got a call later that day from the Director who asked if I could come in two days later to interview with the Principal. The morning after my interview with the Principal, I got a call asked me to interview with the Super in a week and a half. My "interview" with the super was basically a formality, the principal has recommended me for the position and the super just wanted to meet me before I went in to sign all the papers. So I spent a week and a half agonizing for no reason. It was all worth it though :D

28. Lindsey241

Lindsey241 Rookie

Jul 20, 2007

I was offered my postion exactly one week after I interviewed. The principal told me she would call me midweek, and by Wednesday night I was crying thinking I didn't get it. By Friday, I was jumping up and down in the parking lot of a shopping center because I was so happy I got a job.

29. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jul 20, 2007

To all of you who got your with in a couple days, did they check your references beforehand??? Just curious, as I am getting impatient!

30. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Jul 20, 2007

I interviewed on Monday. The principal checked my references on either Tuesday or early Wednesday. I got offered the job on Wednesday afternoon.