How large is your classroom

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by RitaFirstGrade, Aug 25, 2005.

1. RitaFirstGrade

RitaFirstGrade Companion

Aug 25, 2005

Mine is 27 by 27. SMALL!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2005
  3. hanvan

hanvan Connoisseur

Aug 25, 2005

I don't know the dimensions but mine is a nice size. We all fit and I'm happy!!

4. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Aug 25, 2005

I am happy with the size of my classroom but the piano I have to have in there (not mine the schools) takes up a good amount of space and I could use shelves on the walls to hold my teacher books. So not enough storage.

5. BethMI

BethMI Cohort

Aug 25, 2005

I HAVE NO IDEA!!! WE all got new classrooms and haven't been allowed in yet because it is still a construction zone. I am so stressed. My room is completely different from my former room, that's why I really don't know. WE go back (teachers) the 31 and 1 and kids come on the 6th. talk of us not getting into our classrooms until Tues. the 30th! AHHHH!! :eek:

6. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Aug 25, 2005

Mine is around 30 X 24. There's a fair amount of storage, but it's not laid out well. The back wall is entirely closets and the door is in the back. The entire right left wall is floor to cabinet windows (a twin sheet hangs perfectly in them. There is a 3 foot high cabinet on the wall all the way down. The front and left walls are long enough for a white board and 2 bulletin boards with about 3 feet on each meeting in the corner (where my library has to go). All of my student desks have to be in the middle and it's really hard to put anything against the wall, there's just no where to put it. I have blocked 3 of the 4 bulletin boards, 2 by bookshelves in the corner and the other by my filing cabinet. I love the storage, but would like just one whole solid wall.

7. SpaceAngel

SpaceAngel Comrade

Aug 25, 2005

WE go back (teachers) the 31 and 1 and kids come on the 6th. talk of us not getting into our classrooms until Tues. the 30th! AHHHH!!

That's ok.....we are a new school, in an old school, so they are remodeling...OUR kids come on the 6th too.....and our first day is the FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. futuremrs_noble

futuremrs_noble Rookie

Aug 26, 2005

I don't know how big it is, but I have 25 desks, an overhead on a cart, teacher's desk, two file cabinets, two kidney tables and a wall lined of cubbies and a wall lined of cabinets. It's pretty big.