How is everything in your Montessori classroom?

Discussion in 'Montessori' started by tracykaliski, Apr 25, 2010.

1. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Apr 25, 2010

What kinds of outdoor activities are you putting out for the children now that the weather is getting warmer? I'm looking for some new ideas....

3. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Apr 25, 2010

I am checking out a Montessori school that is opening down the street. What are their requirements for teachers, Tracy?
    Rebel1

4. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Apr 26, 2010

Most montessori schools require you to have montessori certification at the level which you'll be teaching. For example, I teach 3-6 yr olds, so I have montessori certification for 3-6 yr olds. I also have it for 6-9 but don't teach that age right now.

Depending upon the school, you also may have to have state certification. The school where I teach requires state certification as well, so I have both. Some schools don't....it depends upon the school.

The montessori schools that I've seen that don't require their teachers to be montessori trained tend to not follow the philosophy.

5. Pattypoo

Pattypoo Comrade

Apr 27, 2010

I am finally putting out some of the bigger water works. Clothes washing and using an iron. It seems to have taken this class a long time to become normalized. I am also using lots of "no cost" activities. We are making newspaper hats and I thought it would be cool to have a special "tea" party and wear our hats. I am going to let the kids paint and decorate their hats, so I am sure it will take several days to complete this project. Just trying to take it one day at a time...... It's been a stressful year.