How is everyone in Florida doing?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by uclalum, Aug 19, 2008.

1. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Aug 19, 2008

Just want to know if everthing is ok. What's the latest update?

3. msaly

msaly Comrade

Aug 19, 2008

were okay here... its a little windy, but thats all...so far no rain, but thats supposed to change later

we are also under a tornado watch

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 19, 2008

I'm in Palm Beach County. We're under flood and tornado watches, getting lots of rain and gusting winds. But, no crises. The store even just delivered my new dishwasher, so I'm glad to be home. School probably will start tomorrow, but possibly not if the storm stalls. Thanks for asking!

5. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Aug 19, 2008

The weather here said that there were tornado watches all over for the next 7 hours or so...I hope everyone is okay!!

6. WaterfallLady

WaterfallLady Enthusiast

Aug 19, 2008

I am staying with my parents because I live too close to the ocean for it to feel safe if we did have a hurricane.

It's not too bad but there is a lot of rain. We have a new lake in my parent's backyard. Its windy but not too bad. Luckily it was only a tropical storm.

I really want to go back to my apartment tonight in case we have school tomororw. I don't really feel like wearing the same outfit I wore Monday on Wednesday. I want the wind to die down and to make sure the roads aren't all flooded before I go back though. If not, I'll just go to school from my parents house in the same clothes I wore Monday ewww.

7. little317

little317 Groupie

Aug 19, 2008

Things are fairly calm over in Volusia County right now...at least in my area. Its very cloudy out but it hasn't started raining yet. I even went to the Post Office to pick up a package this morning. I would imagine that around 2-3pm the rain will get heavier and the winds will pick up. As of right now its just a dreary kind of day.