How hard can it be to keep job postings current?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by tb71, Jul 13, 2009.

1. tb71

tb71 Cohort

Jul 13, 2009

A position I applied for was posted on June 24th, I applied on June 30th, I just got an e-mail from the P apologizing for the position still being listed but it has been filled. I just checked the website--it's still there, they know it's filled, but hmm...let's keep it up and see how many more resumes we get? This is so irritating. How hard can it be to delete the posting. UGH!!!!

3. MsBee

MsBee Devotee

Jul 13, 2009

Same thing happened to me today. I called a school to try to get an interview and the P said..."huh, its still posted. well we interviewed for that and someone accepted. huh. Thats weird. They were supposed to take that down last month. Guess I'll give them a call back."

So it was supposed to be removed from the list last month. How frustrating.

4. Simba

Simba Comrade

Jul 13, 2009

I KNOW I'M RESPONDING IN CAPS.....

THIS IS A HUGE FRUSTRATION FOR ME AS WELL!!!

ALSO, WHY CAN'T THEY TAKE THE POSTINGS DOWN THAT HAVE "EXPIRED?"

When a posting is still up AFTER the expiration date I apply thinking the position is still available...I've learned it's just laziness!!!

5. Jobsearching101

Jobsearching101 Companion

Jul 13, 2009

I have a feeling that they stay up until the Board approves the new teacher. I'm not sure but that's my guess.

6. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2009

Our school board does the same thing. As insiders, we all know the listings are "fictional" but others don't and many waste their time and money calling, mailing, faxing, and sending in copies of expensive resume packets. It's not right. I would LOVE to know why so many places do this? Is this just to make it look like the profession isn't saturated?

7. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 13, 2009

:agreed:

8. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jul 13, 2009

I agree with others that a lot of districts will wait for the board to approve the candidate to take down the posting. And I agree that it is frustrating!

9. lowes48

lowes48 Companion

Jul 13, 2009

I know that is the truth!! I emailed the head of teacher recruitment for one of the districts here. She told me that the principals have already had people in mind or that they have recommended people for the job and is waiting on the board or for everything to come back on them through hr. It is all about who you know though. Principals here don't come back until Wed. so I will be stopping by a couple of schools that have listings.:D

10. matteo49

matteo49 Rookie

Jul 14, 2009

this has been a common occurance in my search and it is by far the most frustrating thing because it takes so little time and effort to just put up a notice about it.

11. darlibby

darlibby Companion

Jul 14, 2009

I totally agree. 95% of positions posted are already filled or are not going to be filled through the website it is posted on.

I'm making up stats but it's true!