How embarrassing...

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by waterfall, Jan 23, 2013.

1. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Jan 23, 2013

I can't believe I did this. We had a pd day at the district office for all new teachers to the district today. On training days we can wear jeans, so I wore jeans with thigh-high boots. I realize literally at about 3:15 in the afternoon that I have worn one black boot and one brown boot! The training had us up in front of the room, walking around talking to different people and we'd gone to lunch and the store during our break. :eek: I can't believe no one said anything.

3. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jan 23, 2013

Just think about how fashion-forward you were today! :lol:

4. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jan 23, 2013

Maybe they just thought you were fashion forward.:lol:

Several of my co-workers have worn mismatched shoes. I went to work with one canvas and one leather white Keds tennis shoe. I've also ended up at work in my slippers and my dog walking flip flops. :blush:

5. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Jan 23, 2013

Maybe no one said anything because they, too, didn't notice?

6. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jan 23, 2013

One time when I was still in banking, I had an early morning meeting with no coffee in the house. I somehow managed to get dressed, drive to the coffee shop, get a beverage, drive to work while slurping down the coffee, and THEN realize I was wearing one pump and one flat.

:dizzy:

7. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jan 23, 2013

Not only the mismatch, but some might question 'thigh high' boots in a professional setting.:sorry:

8. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Jan 23, 2013

Seriously? :dizzy: Almost everyone in both schools I've worked at has worn boots, during regular school days as well...that's just completely crazy to think they're unprofessional!

9. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Jan 23, 2013

Agreed!!! Come visit my school...probably 90% of the ladies wear fashionable boots... Especially during this weather! :2cents:

10. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jan 23, 2013

Boots up to your thigh? I've actually never seen those in person...only on tv. :haha:

Yeah, maybe they didn't notice. Then again, sometimes people let things go unsaid because there's nothing one can do to fix it, you know? Maybe they were hoping YOU never noticed. Those darn brown and blacks can be tough! :)

11. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Jan 23, 2013

Oh I see now... I didn't mean to say thigh, I meant like the kind that go over your jeans. Calf-high I guess. It's been a long day! I meant to imply that they could be seen really easily because they're the taller ones over pants and not like ankle boots. As far as I know, they don't make them that high, lol. I'm not skinny enough to pull off the knee-high ones.

12. BumbleB

BumbleB Habitué

Jan 23, 2013

Do you mean thigh high like this? Or this?

Cause if you mean the first type, then I do have to agree...that's a little too "boudoir" for my taste in a school setting!

13. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Jan 23, 2013

Haha @ pic #1!!!

Your comment made me laugh!

14. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Jan 23, 2013

Slightly shorter than the second ones. I've never seen the kind like the first picture in real life.

15. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jan 23, 2013

Bumble~I really like that second pair!

water~they probably didn't even notice or if they did, didn't want to say anything to you to bring attention to it. I'm sure we've all done something like that at one time or another.

16. BumbleB

BumbleB Habitué

Jan 23, 2013

Haha ok, that's what kind of boots I thought you meant! I've seen the first kind in real life...but they're in stores that our students can't visit! :lol:

17. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2013

I have to agree with czacza it does seem a little "Showie" in a professional setting.
    Is this what you mean by Thigh high

[​IMG]

18. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jan 23, 2013

Oh, haha!

I was thinking of Julia's thigh-highs in Pretty Woman and how I really couldn't imagine you rocking those at a district meeting. I didn't want to pounce, but I was thinking, "Whaaat?" :haha:

19. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2013

Being "old school" and teaching 35 years (that makes me old also) I have seen many "forms" of dress. I am not saying you were dressed to go clubbing BUT one time I taught with a new teacher who dressed as if she was going clubbing Very High Fashion but not suitable for a school setting she caught hell from parents and other sources.

20. a2z

a2z Virtuoso

Jan 23, 2013

I, too, had a reeling head when the big dilemma was the color of the boots instead of the fact that you wore thigh high boots to work.... Happy to hear thigh high boots was a mistake. About the different colors... embarrassing... been there done that with 2 different color flats. I couldn't figure out for a long time why it felt so funny when I was walking.

21. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jan 23, 2013

Not sure if you made a typo or not, but she did NOT wear thigh-highs. :)

22. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jan 23, 2013

I knew what you meant when you said boots over jeans. It's in right now, and, I for one, love that style. I especially like to wear fun cute long socks under the boots but high enough so that they peek out of the boot. :D

And that's funny about the one black and one brown. I did that once!! I was teaching kinder and wore one of each color boot. One of my kinder kids noticed and asked me about it. Doh!!!

23. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Jan 24, 2013

Fixed it

24. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

Jan 24, 2013

These boots are made for walking, and that's just what they do and one of these days these boots are gonna walk all over..........................

25. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Jan 24, 2013

Once I accidentally wore my slippers to church. :blush:

26. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

Jan 24, 2013

I wore a shirt inside out just a few years ago to a restaurant. I was treating a friend that retired. But the shirt looked almost the same both ways except for the buttons (polo shirt)

27. Sarge

Sarge Enthusiast

Jan 24, 2013

I was going to say ... the only boots I've seen like that were olive green, made of rubber, and worn mostly by men on weekends.

28. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jan 24, 2013

I bet nobody noticed! One of my co-workers wore one blue flat and one brown flat and nobody noticed until after lunch. I know some people wear mismatched socks so you could just say you were going for that look LOL

29. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jan 24, 2013

Thought about this thread today when one of my coworkers showed up in two different shoes. Same color, but totally different shoes.

30. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Jan 24, 2013

I wore the black pair (one of which I wore yesterday) and I kept looking down to reassure myself they were the same color, lol. The other funny thing is that last time we went to this training (there are several sessions per year) I wore my shirt inside out. However, it really looked almost the same and I noticed about 5 minutes into the training, so I just went to the bathroom and switched it. I don't think most people would have noticed.

31. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jan 25, 2013

:lol: I've done it. I have two pairs of Danskos, one black and one brown, same style. I have mixed them up and worn one of each before. Now I check every morning before I walk out the door!

32. bison

bison Habitué

Jan 25, 2013

I once went out (shoe shopping, nonetheless) wearing one gray and one green flat. I guess I put them on without looking because they were both soft suede so they felt the same. I noticed walking in and practically ran back out. Embarrassing.

33. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Jan 25, 2013

Me too! I wore one red and one brown Danskos.

34. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Jan 27, 2013

When I find a pair of shoes I like and fit well, I usually will buy another pair just a different color (black and brown). Well, it happened one morning after a "Late" night, I put on one of each color shoe. I didn't notice until after lunch when I had a chance to look down. Not one other person noticed it.

35. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jan 27, 2013

I'm a shoe aficionado. I own many boots of varied styles, heel height and length that are suitable for school....I do have over the knee boots...but not for school wear.

36. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Jan 27, 2013

37. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Jan 27, 2013

That is awesome!
    When we moved from CA, the movers lost one of my Reebok shoes, which were practically a brand new pair. I did not want to throw my one shoe away, SO I sometimes ask the children to wear 2 different shoes, so I can wear my Reebok shoe. It is a black one, and I wear a white Nike with it. I have done it like 4 times so far, and have stopped at Target and HEB, and nobody said anything. It's a fun thing we do, and the parents; I'd say, 90% have their children participate.
    It is one of our favorite cool and crazy activity.:cool:; along with the mismatched socks. I wear 2 diff socks every day, so some of my students do it too.
    Rebel1