How do you wear your Hair?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Pixiewannabe, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Pixiewannabe

Pixiewannabe Comrade

Apr 5, 2007

When you go on an interview what do you do with your hair? Leave it down, put it half up, put it all up? I just don't know how I should wear my hair to an interview or job fair. Any advise would be great?

3. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Apr 5, 2007

I used to wear it in a bun. But decided that made me look to up tight. So now I wear it in a braid.

4. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

Apr 5, 2007

I just wear mine the way I normally do...down. I'm the most comfortable that way.

5. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Apr 5, 2007

I wore my in a barrett half up & half down...enough that it won't bother my face. Nothing like stray tickling your nose or eyes!!!

6. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Apr 5, 2007

I have no choice... I have a short choppy cut.... kind of like Lisa Rinna's hairstyle... easy.

7. ellen_a

ellen_a Groupie

Apr 5, 2007

I put mine all back in a twist with a black clip. This is how I frequently wear my hair to teach.

8. tripletsteacher

tripletsteacher Companion

Apr 5, 2007

Hi, I have a book for advice on teacher interviewing. The book states that long hair should never be worn down over a suit or in an interview. I have long hair and did wear it down 7 years ago on an interview. I did get that job. However, if I am going to interview in the future, I will be wearing it up loosely. Hope this helps!

9. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Apr 5, 2007

As long as it looks professional, I think you're fine. That means off your face, and use clips--not scrunchies or anything of that nature.

10. Pixiewannabe

Pixiewannabe Comrade

Apr 5, 2007

thanks for the advise

11. MsWK

MsWK Habitué

Apr 5, 2007

Bun, twist, or clips. It's less distracting when it's out of my face, and I'm less tempted to mess with it when I'm nervous.

12. merigold78

merigold78 Cohort

Apr 5, 2007

my hair is medium length, naturally curly (aagh!!) and so i usually pull it back. sometimes if i have it straight :), i can wear it down w/it tucked behind my ears. i agree w/all the peeps who said it needs to be out of your face! that way you can focus on giving the best answers and making a great first impression. good luck! :)

-meri

13. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

Apr 5, 2007

Meri, I'm a curly girl too. I feel that curly looks less professional. With it straight, I look like a teacher (or a news reporter, strangely).

14. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Apr 6, 2007

Lol, teachershelly, maybe you have a fall back career of being a news anchor if you decided to ever give up teaching! hehehe, anyways, mine is just below my chin so i straighten it so that it flips out a little bit. I'm nervous about my interview monday because i have to leave straight from school and drive 2 hours to the interview so i'm not going to be able to re-fix it or anything before hand!

15. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Apr 7, 2007

I always wear mine just straight down because that's how I wear it at least 90% of the time, and it's the way I think I look the best (otherwise I think I look like I have a huge forehead!). Plus, I have so many short, frizzy flyaways that no matter what I do, they curl up around the top and look like either a halo or horns, depending on the humidity. I can't trust them... they're more managable when I wear it down.

Maybe I should reconsider? That is, assuming I ever get CALLED for an interview!!!

16. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Apr 7, 2007

I pretty much straighten my hair everyday so I do that. My hair is straight in the front and wavy in the back so it looks horrible if I air dry it.
    I agree with Alice as long as your hair looks neat and off your face you will be fine.

17. KinderKatie

KinderKatie Companion

Apr 9, 2007

I wear a low ponytail with a plain (no scrunchy, etc).