How do you put your nameplates on your tables?

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by cml88, Sep 13, 2012.

1. cml88

cml88 Companion

Sep 13, 2012

What do you use to stick your nameplates on your desks/tables? I plan on using Scotch brand packaging tape, but wanted to know if there was anything else out there that is better? (I know these things get a lot og wear & tear during the year!!!)

Also, do you laminate your name plates first and then tape them down, or do you find that the tape is enough protection for the wear & tear of the year? Thanks!!!

3. Be_the_change

Be_the_change Rookie

Sep 13, 2012

I write their names on sentence strips, laminate them, and attach them to the desk using velcro dots. This way I can easily move students around if necessary.

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 13, 2012

I laminate and don't attach. I'm grade 3 though...

5. cml88

cml88 Companion

Sep 13, 2012

love the idea of velcro..but Do you find that the velcro adhesive is difficult to get off the desk at the end of the year?...i'm a little nervous about that & how my custodians will feel about it...

6. myKroom

myKroom Habitué

Sep 14, 2012

I laminate my nametags at Copyworks on the thickest lamination that they have. Then I write the names on top and hot glue them down! The kids can't pick them off!!! The glue comes off easily with a razor blade, so no mess for the janitor. I pull mine up and move the kids about 4-5 times a year and they hold up great!

The thick lamination gets pricey, but by writing the names after they are laminated I can reuse them for a few years. It is TOTALLY worth it!!! They hold up amazingly well. You can do this with regular lamination, but they usually will bend when you pull them up to move kids. I like my tags to stay neat, so I just pay the money!

7. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Sep 14, 2012

"Goo-Gone" is a classroom essential! It can remove any adhesive residue.

8. christine89

christine89 Companion

Sep 14, 2012

Really Good Stuff sells these tape strips. My names are on desks instead of tables but the tape strips hold up pretty well.

9. mkbren88

mkbren88 Cohort

Sep 14, 2012

I put my students name plates on their supply bins so that I can easily move them. It works really well!

10. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Sep 14, 2012

I quit putting names on the child's desk/table spot and they sit wherever they want to...and then I move em' if they are naughty!!! I used clear contact paper to cover labels on the tables and it stayed for about a month and I would replace it. Their names are on their cubbies and coat hooks.

11. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Sep 14, 2012

I teach third, but if kids rip up their nametags, they don't get another one. I'll probably give out more about halfway through the year and tell them to take better care of them if they want to keep it...now that they know I'm serious about not replacing them! We've been in school for 5 weeks and I have 2 kids who already don't have one (one ripped it up in a tantrum and the other played with her tape until it came off). I can't afford to just keep replacing them all year! I have a seating chart in my sub binder, and other than that no one teaches in my room other than me, so it's not an issue. They still know where their desk is.

12. Be_the_change

Be_the_change Rookie

Sep 15, 2012

It's my first year teaching so I've yet to have to pull them up at the end of the year. :) I've had to pull a few up to change the placement of the nametag, and it pulled up with no residue. If it does leave residue, I will definitely turn to Goo-Gone as another poster stated!

Hope you find something that works for you!

13. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Sep 15, 2012

I haven't attached name tags to desks. I move my students around so often, that I don't want them to have a set place. I just ask them to sit at a certain table.

14. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Sep 15, 2012

That's what I do, not "desks," but at the table. It saves me so much time. No table tags to make, attach, replace.

15. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Sep 15, 2012

I attach students' name plates to their supply bucket. That way it goes everywhere with them and makes changing the seating plan a breeze.

16. bondo

bondo Cohort

Sep 24, 2012

I laminate them and tape them to the desk. Each student has individual desks so if I need to move students around I just move the whole desk.