how do you organize your ppw??

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by kpteacher, Jul 28, 2010.

1. kpteacher

kpteacher Rookie

Jul 28, 2010

Hi everyone!
    I am gearing up for the year and trying to reorganize. Looking for some tips on organizing paperwork..like the worksheets, holiday stuff, etc. I had everything in a rolling file ccart with file folders, but i never really looked in it. ...I have gobs of stuff, from before internet time..lol..that i would like to use, however, need thoughts on organizing...thanks!

3. Touchthefuture

Touchthefuture Comrade

Jul 28, 2010

I organize by content (Science/Writing/Reading/SS/Math). Then within that I break it down by subject (matter, predicting, subtraction, etc.)

I also have holiday things by month folders like Aug - Sept, Oct - Dec, etc.

To make sure that I use it when I plan I take out the folders that I need for the selected time period and go through it to resuse things that I previously saved. It does take work to keep up the file system but it is worth it.

4. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Jul 28, 2010

THis would take probably a whole day...but would be worth it....Scan each document and save the file on a jump drive. You can organize folders on the jump drive my grade level and or subject or even by month you would use it.

5. skittleroo

skittleroo Connoisseur

Jul 28, 2010

This is what I did when I taught first and second.:) I am so glad to teach kinder now. No worksheets!

6. AKitchin

AKitchin Companion

Jul 28, 2010

I have a HUGE crate of paper that I need to go through... I am going to organize it based on subject and strand... Id love to scan them all... maybe thats a project for when I have guidance, or a "honey do" at home for the dh!!!

7. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jul 29, 2010

I vote to recycle it. There is very little that can't be found with a quick google search.

8. Zelda~*

Zelda~* Devotee

Jul 29, 2010

My much beloved paras did this for me. :)

I have a file system they set up for me. Everything is broken down by subject area and then into more specific categories. I like the idea of having holiday sheets too, I'll have to get that set up this year as well.