How do you organize your lesson plans?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by 1stGr8, Jul 7, 2008.

1. 1stGr8

1stGr8 Companion

Jul 7, 2008

Hello! I am going into my 3rd year teaching and I have used two methods for storing my lesson plans. My first year I used a template that I made on word and hand wrote my lesson plans into the template, each day was its own page. Last year I used The Plan Book with Pizazz and liked how it was organized, but I felt limited on what I could write. I would be interested in typing them on word, but I am not sure what format to use. I love that in the plan book I used last year all of math for the week was in one column, so I could see the progression of my lessons. I would love to hear what ideas you use that work for you. Also, if you have a copy of your template you would like to share I would loooooove to see it! THANK YOU!!:D

3. dbelmo

dbelmo Rookie

Jul 7, 2008

I have a copy in excel. Not sure how to post but maybe I can pm you

4. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 7, 2008

I'm currently plotting my pacing guide into the template on this website. Then I'll use the unit planning guide, also on this website, to get the big picture and make sure I'm hitting my standards and using a enduring understanding/undercover concept. I rarely go into detailed lessons, but that's one of my goals this year-get more specific so if any principal or parent questions me, I have tons of documentation to throw in their face.

http://www.realclassroomideas.com/128.html

5. adellesmama

adellesmama Companion

Jul 7, 2008

Thanks for the link, Jem :)

I really liked the unit mind mapping template.

6. Andrea L

Andrea L Habitué

Jul 7, 2008

I made a generic template on excel that has Monday-Friday on it and type the stuff in that always stays the same. Then I print it out and make enough for the school year to keep in my lesson plan binder. I only write the things I'm doing each day that changes (standards, activities, key words, etc)...saves a lot of time.

7. 1stGr8

1stGr8 Companion

Jul 7, 2008

Thank you so much for all of the great suggestions so far! Jem- I loooove your website. I really liked the format of the weekly overview lesson plan you have that is from the mailbox. It is a pdf file but I am looking for something exactly like that that I can type into. I will be working on that this week!!

8. pxydst07

pxydst07 Comrade

Jul 7, 2008

templates

You may like to check out this website:
    www.lessonplans4teachers.com/templates.php
    I started out using a lesson plan book last year and then decided to use the excel template from this site. I tailored it to fit my needs and then wrote in the lessons each week. It really saved time to have the template set up. Before, I had to write in all the information every single week.
    Hope that helps a little!

9. GD2BQN

GD2BQN Comrade

Jul 7, 2008

I have a template that I print out and change accordingly.

10. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 7, 2008

Those were some good templates, pxydst07! I must say, though, some of them confused me with all their pedagogy requests. I know I do all of that-to write it down every time? Yikes!

I found a great one to use with a bit of modification, though-thanks!