How do you like it when you see the students using something you taught them

Discussion in 'General Education' started by showmelady, Jan 19, 2015.

1. showmelady

showmelady Companion

Jan 19, 2015

I work as a sub, and have done everything from SpecEd to gifted, and from K-high school.

One day in a PE class I talked to the kis about how athletes cool down after exrcise. I told them about how we "speed up" while exercising and that we go back to "normal" afterwards. Then I showed them how to feel their pulse, and see the difference in heartbeats while still all keyed up and after a cool down.

That day, as I was leaving the school, I saw one of the kids from my PE class showing anothe student how to feel their pulse! It was so cool. Not only did my student learn something, but she became a "teacher" herself, as she showed another student what SHE had learned. It made my day!

3. LisaLisa

LisaLisa Companion

Jan 19, 2015

That's the best. When you see them doing it on their own - not just to make points.

Good for you.

4. teacherguy111

teacherguy111 Cohort

Jan 21, 2015

I like to see this too. I actually make it a point to make sure I email a teacher when a student uses a strategy from another class (such as visualization when reading a social studies text.)

5. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jan 21, 2015

My social studies counterpart and I tend to overlap in a lot of our lessons. We both praise our students when they recognize and use information in one class for the other.