How do you keep track of your sub payments if your jobs don't come from Aesop?

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by thesub, Dec 1, 2012.

1. thesub

thesub Comrade

Dec 1, 2012

On Aesop at least there's a written record but there are other schools where it's a person. Do you actually write down job details and then figure out the paychecks for this period? I am thinking of doing this but is there a better way?

How do I find out which paycheck is for what jobs in a particular period? I don't think the actual cheque show the date of the sub job, right?

Thanks so much,
    thesub

3. hbcaligirl1985

hbcaligirl1985 Cohort

Dec 1, 2012

You have basically answered your own question. You write it down. ALWAYS write it down. Even if the website keeps track of it. For example, I use SubFinder--but I always write down in my planner that I was at X school on Y day and my daily pay was = xyz

If you don't know how much a district pays that doenst use AESOP, look it up and keep track that way.

4. GemStone

GemStone Habitué

Dec 1, 2012

When I subbed, I kept detailed records including the school name, the teacher's name, the date and time, and whether I was subbing for an actual teacher or a lower-paying position (such as a teacher aide.) I knew to the penny what my gross pay should be, and as I've said on this board before, there were frequent discrepancies that I had to rectify.

5. thesub

thesub Comrade

Dec 1, 2012

Thank you both. So I calculate what pay period my subbing day falls in and then estimate the paycheck for that period and see if that amount has been credited to my account, right?

Usually I get only one or two sub jobs per week and it has been quite easy to keep track but this past week I have been subbing all week and now I am panicking.

6. GemStone

GemStone Habitué

Dec 1, 2012

Yes, see what pay period your days fall in. Then calculate your gross pay from that and compare it to your pay stub.