How do you get paid; weekly, bi weekly..on salary?

Discussion in 'Paraprofessionals' started by ECE ABC, Aug 22, 2013.

1. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Aug 22, 2013

Para Salary

Full time paras are on salary now in our district!!!!!

So whenever we have early dismissal, late openings and snow days, etc. my paycheck will always be the same!!!!! I am so glad because last year my weekly pay was different week to week..no sick time or personal days and with all the time off we get and snow days my paychecks were really small at times. I was only Part time!

Now we don't have to worry..no matter what, my weekly pay stays the same. I also got a nice increase too. I am making $14.42 an hour 32.50 hours a week with full benefits including sick, holiday pay and personal time. That's what my salary will be based on :)

3. MrShiva

MrShiva Rookie

Sep 9, 2013

Good salary for part time! Where are you teaching?

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 10, 2013

All of our faculty and staff get paid twice a month. Paras fill out time sheets as they are paid hourly in my district so their pay varies depending on how much they worked each pay period.

5. kitteh

kitteh Rookie

Oct 9, 2013

That's awesome! I'm paid hourly and the district largely avoids employing paras at more than slightly under half-time (so, less than 4 hours a day, 5 days a week) in order to avoid paying benefits. I make $14.86/hour which would be great if I were getting more hours a week! But honestly, I chose to be a para right now because I have small children at home and working 15 hours a week works for me, right now.

6. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Aug 30, 2015

Its been 2 year since this thread started:)

And i was just wondering how everyone was doing salary wise......if you get raises, benefits, etc.?

I am making a little more than I was when this topic was first posted, $15.09 an hour (32.50 hrs. per week) now because we do get yearly raises, thankfully and with our benefit package its not bad at all.

We have a new union fighting to get us even more----we'll have to wait and see how that goes, they are in negotiations now since our current contract has expired.

7. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 31, 2015

Our support staff is on salary and is paid bi-weekly.

8. allaphoristic

allaphoristic Companion

Sep 1, 2015

I'm on salary and am paid bi-weekly.

9. jadorelafrance

jadorelafrance Cohort

Sep 1, 2015

Twice a month for 10 months (15th and 30th), so 20 paychecks total.

10. LishaGisha

LishaGisha Rookie

Jun 7, 2016

I'm salaried at $23000 a year. I work for a small charter K-8. It's not the greatest pay, but it's higher than the districts, which are all hourly and average $11 - $12 to start. I'm going into my third school year, but began my first in January, so I'd more like 1 1/2 years roughly. I began at $12/hour and was salaried at the beginning of the 15-16 school year. :)

11. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jun 7, 2016

Our contact has increases yearly....currently finalizing new contract negotiations. State required employee increased contribution into pension and healthcare tends to offset the effect of 'increases'

12. ABC123

ABC123 Companion

Jun 7, 2016

I hear that. Every year we get an increase, our new union just got us two increases a year, one a cost of living increase and one is our yearly step increase until 2017-18 school year and because everything else goes up, like you said; pension, health, etc. i never feel like I get a raise-------------crazyo_O

Hopefully this year will be a little different with the two increases and our new health insurance, which is supposed to take out a little less.

13. ABC123

ABC123 Companion

Jun 7, 2016

'' I'm salaried at $23000 a year. I work for a small charter K-8. It's not the greatest pay, but it's higher than the districts, which are all hourly and average $11 - $12 to start. I'm going into my third school year, but began my first in January, so I'd more like 1 1/2 years roughly. I began at $12/hour and was salaried at the beginning of the 15-16 school year. ''

I know that before we were on salary it was rough...only paid exactly what you worked and if we had a late opening, snow day, etc. the paychecks were not great, especially during harsh winters like we have here in New England.

Now we are paid no matter what; snow day, holiday, sick day, early dismissal, etc. my pay never changes:cool:

And that's such a real blessing!!!!