How do you do lost teeth?

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by woobie5, Aug 11, 2009.

1. woobie5

woobie5 Comrade

Aug 11, 2009

How do you do lost teeth? I have a lost tooth chart ... so do you just have them tell you when they lost a tooth and you graph it?

3. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Aug 11, 2009

Mine! I had them replaced!:D (Dont laugh 2 hard now!):lol:
    I've got one that is trying to jump the mouth & it's Dentist time again.:(
    Now with the children,
    I have seen some teachers do it. They wrote the names of the children in a list and tallied the amount that they have lost; AS THEY LOSE THEM. At the end of the year they did the TOTAL. That was it, BUT YOU can do your graph and then reward the one who lost the most teeth! That would make some of them try to pull their loose teeth out, so they can win.:angel::spitwater:
    Rebel1

4. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

Aug 11, 2009

our kindergarten teacher does a chart like mentioned by other posters and we have tooth necklaces that we put the tooth in if they lose it at school

5. jlj

jlj Devotee

Aug 11, 2009

A tooth chart or even your own drawing or cut out of tooth shape could be used. You could do a graph by months, boys/girls, total, etc.

sarzacsmom - tooth necklace? Is this something you make or purchase? Sounds cute!

6. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Aug 11, 2009

One of my kids brought one in. It was a plastic teeth shaped container, which was big enough to hold a tooth. It was on a plastic string to be worn as a necklace. You can GOOGLE and find out who sells them.:unsure: Ask your dentist about them. I can ask one of our parents who's a dentist, if he has a contract with someone that makes them and can get them cheap.
    Rebel1

7. Lynnnn725

Lynnnn725 Connoisseur

Aug 11, 2009

I've seen the tooth necklaces in Reallygoodstuff. Our nurse hands them out to our kiddos.

My son lost his tooth at the very end of last year. He was sooooo excited to put his name on the tooth chart. Some kids don't even loose a tooth. They really want to and might feel sad if you make it a contest.

I bought some stickers from lakeshore that say "I lost a tooth today" and I will have a tooth chart.

8. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Aug 11, 2009

I didn't get to, but I thought it be fun to graph each month how many teeth were lost & compare & contrast them!!!

9. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Aug 11, 2009

I had a bulletin board last year where each child had a big tooth that contained their name. When they lost a tooth they placed a sticker on their tooth. I'm not going to do anything this year, because I felt like it was kind of pointless...They would get a little excited about it, but there were a few kids who never lost teeth, and I felt bad for them. I didn't make it a big deal if they did lose one (they would just tell me in the morning), but those few kids still felt badly.

10. tiffharmon2001

tiffharmon2001 Comrade

Aug 11, 2009

I teach PreK, so if I have one who loses a tooth, it is a pretty big deal. I don't keep a graph of them, we just ooh and ahh about it and talk about how that happens as you grow up. I've had kids who didn't even know that teeth fall out! :)

I agree about not doing the contest. My oldest daughter didn't lose her first tooth until just before she started second grade. She already felt kind of bad about it. If there had been some kind of contest at school, it would have just made it worse.

I have seen the tooth boxes in oriental trading as well.

11. newkteacherfl

newkteacherfl Companion

Aug 11, 2009

This year we will be keeping track of how many boys/girls lose teeth using tally marks. I'm not putting any names on the graph, just tallies.

12. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Aug 11, 2009

That's a neat idea. I like the not including names part. Although my class is very uneven, so I don't know if it would be fair...

13. janney

janney Cohort

Aug 11, 2009

That is so true Rebel! The last day of school I had one student lose a tooth and the nurse gave him tons of goodies: tooth necklace, sticker and a toothbrush. Once the other students saw this, I looked up to see a carpet full of kids with their fingers in their mouths trying to pull their teeth too :). One actually managed to get her tooth out. What people do for free stuff! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

14. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Aug 11, 2009

I just have a poster that says Lost Tooth Club, when they tell me they lost a tooth, I write their name under that month. If they loose more than one, I start a tally after their name, I also have stickers that say I lost a tooth so the parents know to check!

15. Lynnnn725

Lynnnn725 Connoisseur

Aug 11, 2009

You could just have a running tally for the whole class.

16. Lynnnn725

Lynnnn725 Connoisseur

Aug 11, 2009

Oh - and one year we just put tallies for teeth lost each month.

17. foxteach1

foxteach1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2009

I use the ReallyGoodStuff necklaces as well. They also have a cute reusable monthly chart to graph the teeth on. It has little teeth as the markers. My students like this so well that even older kids would come down to my room to either have me pull a tooth or just get a box!!

18. Lynnnn725

Lynnnn725 Connoisseur

Aug 17, 2009

Eww! I cannot deal with pulling out teeth...it's weird! :eek: My teammates do, though!

19. Mom2two

Mom2two Companion

Aug 17, 2009

I ordered the lost teeth set from really good stuff also. I know the necklaces are with it, and there is a chart. I guess I don't even know what the chart is like exactly. I got sick of wrapping up teeth, and putting them in an evelope to make sure they got home. I thought the necklace thing would work nice...as long as they aren't playing with it!
    In the past I have had a big tooth on my calendar board, and I wrote the month in the middle. Whenever someone lost a tooth we would put their name above the month (lost a top tooth), or below the month (lost a bottom tooth). They enjoyed seeing how many teeth were lost each month.

20. ecsmom

ecsmom Habitué

Aug 17, 2009

Rebel1, I was the first one to lose a tooth this year! One of my crowns came off today and all the kids wanted to see it! So I'm off to the dentist too. Maybe I should start a graph with mine!

21. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Aug 17, 2009

I don't do anything. The nurse does it in her office. Well she did we have a new nurse. :( I hate wiggley teeth.