How do I reply to the P's email?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by TXowl, Jul 25, 2011.

1. TXowl

TXowl Companion

Jul 25, 2011

I emailed a P my resume and cover letter this afternoon and she replied back almost immediately asking when I would be moving back. I told her I would be in the area this week and next if she would like to meet with me. She replied telling me she would let me know when they decide to do interviews. She also asked if I have interviewed with other schools in the district. This is the district I student taught in and have interviewed with 4 other campuses this year. Does it look good to reply that I have interviewed with them OR does it look bad that I interviewed and didn't get the jobs??? HELP! I want to reply, but I'm not sure how to word it so I don't look bad.

* Also, she mentioned that she saw that I had attended the district job fair. Apparently, they made that list available to Ps. Woo hoo for something else working in my favor!!!

3. shoebottom

shoebottom Companion

Jul 25, 2011

I have wondered the samething about telling them that I have been interviewing with other schools. What should you do?

4. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Jul 25, 2011

I would answer truthfully, mostly because it is the truth ;) and secondly you wouldn't want her to find out (and if its in the same district she probably will) that you are/have interviewed in the district and didn't tell the truth. I don't think telling her that you are/have interviewed in the district will impeed your chances at this school.

Good Luck Rice ~ I hope this is the one :)

5. Geauxtee

Geauxtee Comrade

Jul 25, 2011

"I have interviewed with a few other campuses in X district. Unfortunately, the competition is incredibly tight this year and I did not receive a contract. I am looking forward to meeting with to discuss why my unique set of skills would be a perfect fit with X elementary."

I don't know something like that?

6. waterfall

waterfall Maven

Jul 25, 2011

I also suggest you tell the truth. What if you say no and she finds out you lied?

7. TXowl

TXowl Companion

Jul 25, 2011

I don't want to lie. I am looking for the best way to word/spin it so I don't look bad for having interviewed and not gotten hired.

8. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Jul 25, 2011

Well, I would just answer the question she asked "have you interviewed with other schools in the district?" I would answer, "In response to your question regarding interviewing within the district, I have had X interviews with Distict XYZ." Maybe you want to list the schools you interviewed with but I don't think it is necessary.

9. texasteacher11

texasteacher11 Rookie

Jul 25, 2011

I would say, "yes I have interviewed within the district" but I don't think you need to specify how many times or which schools!

10. teach42

teach42 Comrade

Jul 25, 2011

I would tell them you interviewed with other schools and leave it at that. You don't need to tell them you didn't get hired. You don't need to tell them how many interviews either. I've had other schools ask me that before and I was honest. Sometimes, they will ask you where you are along in the interview process to see how far you are to possibly being hired with the other schools so they're not wasting their time or can speed the process up more quickly. If they don't ask for specifics, you don't have to tell them.

11. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Jul 25, 2011

I agree with Texasteacher and teach42. You can just say you are currently interviewing in many districts (which I believe is true) and you have also interviewed in their district. You don't have to go into details about the process. And I don't think they would expect you to. :) Good luck. You've sure got the magic touch for getting interviews!