How do I get this job?!!?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Kris8806, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Kris8806

Kris8806 Companion

Aug 26, 2008

School started last week in my area so I had pretty much given up on finding a permanent position. Today there was a posting for third grade. :woot:I emailed the principal in the afternoon and faxed my paperwork over.

:help::help:Now what? How do I get them to give me an interview?!?! I've had a bunch of postings that I emailed, called, and faxed only to be eventually told that the job was already filled without them ever contacting me.

I can't have this happen again!! This might be my last chance! What can I do? :unsure:

:thanks:

3. kenyateacher

kenyateacher Rookie

Aug 26, 2008

Is there any way you can take the resume over there in person? Put on a nice pair of pants and a blouse and deliver it, and ask if the principal is available.
    Be extra nice to the people in the office (not phony though). My mom is a clerk in a school office and she says she always notes the candidates who come in person with a good attitude.
    Sometimes positions are taken before they are even posted, though, and there isn't anything you can do in that case.
    Good luck!

4. Kris8806

Kris8806 Companion

Aug 26, 2008

Thanks kenyateacher! I'm going to see if tomorrow I get out of work around lunch time and swing by the school with my resume to see if I have any luck.

Thanks again!

5. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Aug 26, 2008

I agree with hand-delivering your resume. You already sound like you have the confidence it takes to land that job! That's a definite necessity! Always have the attitude that you are a great candidate for any position that you want and you are just as likely to get it as anyone else who feels this way because no one is any better than you. Go for it!

6. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Aug 26, 2008

I agree with the others, and you've definitely already got the ball rolling.
    Good luck with it!! Let us know what happens. :)

7. Kris8806

Kris8806 Companion

Aug 26, 2008

Thank you so much guys! I've been feeling so hopeless and when this came up a sliver of hope came back. I'll let you know.....

Fingers crossed! :unsure:

8. Kris8806

Kris8806 Companion

Aug 29, 2008

Thanks for all your positive thoughts. I spoke to the principal at the school and they haven't started interviewing for the position because they don't have enough kids enrolled yet for the position. They said they're still waiting to see if they get more kids.

Oh well....I'll keep hoping. :thanks:

9. daysy_may

daysy_may Groupie

Aug 29, 2008

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

10. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 29, 2008

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!