How can i teach in US as a SPED Teacher?

Discussion in 'Special Education Archives' started by steph, Sep 15, 2006.

1. steph

steph New Member

Sep 15, 2006

How can i teach in US as a SPED Teacher in a most fast and easy way,i really wanted to teach abroad..can you give some advice and recommendations..thank you ...:angel:

3. ellen_a

ellen_a Groupie

Sep 16, 2006

The best way to determine how to obtain your certification is to contact the DOE of the specific state you wish to teach in. Requirements for certification (and pathways to certifcation) vary from state-to-state.

4. Giggles1100

Giggles1100 Comrade

Sep 16, 2006

Good1 she was not asking how to be a teacher, she wanted to know about certification.

Please disregard the parent with a bad attitude towards teachers in general, the schools here are great and are very helpful in helping you get an emergency certification for teaching Special Ed and my scholl district even helps in helping you get certified to find teaching jobs abroad with a grant from the government, which I assume all school districts can do, I have just never looked into them. Like Ellen said, check into the state youare interested in, Board of Education and they can point you inteh right direction.

Here is Texas: http://www.sbec.state.tx.us/SBECOnline/default.asp?width=1280&height=1024

And Good Luck!