Houston/Galveston Needs Help

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by bandnerdtx, Sep 15, 2008.

1. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Sep 15, 2008

As you know, Houston/Galveston was just hit by a massive hurricane. Over 1.7 million of our citizens are still without power in Houston, and the areas south of us (Galveston, Texas City, Seabrook, Chambers County, Angleton, etc) have NOTHING -- no power, no water, absolutely nothing. It's not even safe for them to return to their homes.

FEMA has just started to arrive, but we are in desperate need of ICE.

If you or any one in your family owns a business that can distribute or transport ice, please let them know that we need help. Our mayor just held a press conference saying that they don't need government permission to help. They can just send the trucks down and they'll find PODs (points of distribution).

If you can, please organize help at your churches.

Thank you,
    bandnerdtx

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 15, 2008

Though I can't help get ice to yall, I am praying for yall.

4. MrsTeacher2Be

MrsTeacher2Be Companion

Sep 16, 2008

I can't help with ice, but I know what you're going through. We had the same drama for weeks after Katrina. If they follow the same procedure for y'all as they did for us, the National Guard should be there soon with ice. They set up at churches and schools, so keep an eye out for them. All you should have to do is drive up and they'll hand you one bag per family. You'll be in my prayers.

5. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Sep 16, 2008

Please take a few minutes to look at the images of the Galveston/Houston area.

If you can, please donate something to the Red Cross.

6. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Sep 16, 2008

It's something bandnerdtx... I was just thinking how overwhelmed and annoyed I was with PTA dues, social committee dues, union dues...and this time last month, I was a the church food pantry!

I would rather donate my money to Red Cross to help Texas families! Looking for site now. Take care.